Windows 10: Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

Discus and support Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howdy folks, Google gives me the impression this is not an uncommon issue. * I've tried the suggestion of deselecting the "Allow the computer to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jdUnionngarden, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

Howdy folks,
    Google gives me the impression this is not an uncommon issue.
    * I've tried the suggestion of deselecting the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. That's not working for me.
    I'm looking for a way to troubleshoot and fix this issue.
    * Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1903 Build 1862.388
    * Performing a Restart usually gives a temporary fix.
    * If the internet doesn't disconnect, I'm usually seeing a very slow speed; e.g. 20 Mbps vs. normal at 130-180 Mbps.
    * Wi-Fi Adapter: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
    * Desktop: PowerSpec G355 (Installed ~3 months ago.)
    * This recent problem was first addressed with Comcast replacing the modem/router: Ethernet cable speed increased close to 500 Mbps.

Thanks in advance to all who read this and to those who reply!

:)

jdUnionngarden, Oct 8, 2019

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode [​IMG]

theveterans, Oct 8, 2019
  3. mark0525 Win User
    Wi-Fi Disconnects After Sleep or Switches to Airplane Mode - Troubleshooting Fails

Thanks Abdul,

I tried your suggestions. The Network Adapter troubleshooter couldn't identify any problem and I have the most up-to-date Network Adapter driver. I cleared the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then clicked
    OK.

When I brought the laptop out of sleep a few times it was ok but most recently it was disconnected from Wi-Fi so I had to click Wi-Fi and select the connection to my Wi-Fi which was never necessary prior to Windows 10.

mark0525, Oct 8, 2019
  4. mark0525 Win User

Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

Wi-Fi Disconnects After Sleep or Switches to Airplane Mode - Troubleshooting Fails

I've seen numerous threads in late August regarding Wi-Fi disconnecting since Windows 10 upgrade. Add me to the afflicted. I've not seen a solution though. When I Troubleshoot the Network by right-clicking Wi-Fi icon it simply tells me to turn on Wi-Fi
    switch on laptop but it is already on. Sometimes it switches me to Airplane mode for no reason. Always after Sleep. It then will recognize no networks or available Wi-Fi.

The only solution is to reboot the laptop every time and this is frustrating. Is there a solution. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L305D. Thanks.

mark0525, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

1. Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - disconnects internet resuming

2. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  3. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  4. Laptop disconnects from Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop disconnects from Wi-Fi: My Asus Laptop Windows 11 home disconnects from my internet connection constantly, it's very annoying and i watched countless tutorials on how to fix this bug, and none of them worked for me can someone tell me the problem that i'm facing and how to solve it? thank you....
  5. Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep: I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" option beside all Wi-Fi adapters in the Device Manager yet it still happens. Any reply is appreciated!...
  6. Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode: I am running Win 10 Home Version 2004. Recently I have started to have a problem - when the computer goes into sleep mode it disconnects from the Internet. When I go to "Settings" the icons tell me that I am connected to the Internet via Spectrum and that my WiFi network is...
  7. Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep: I get a new laptop Vostro 5490 with Win10 Pro 2004. everything works great but once my laptop goes into sleep mode it's become a problem. I can go in and out of sleep mode just fine, but my problem is that upon exiting sleep mode my computer cannot pick up any wifi signals...
  8. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  9. Disconnecting from wi-fi

Disconnecting from wi-fi: Hi: Gone are the days when Windows was easy and sensical … either that or I'm getting too old too fast and my brains are leaking out of my ears … whatever! It used to be that we could disconnect from the internet/wi-fi by right-clicking the mouse on the Internet icon in the...
  10. Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.

Wi-fi unable to connect after reboot or resume from sleep.: Hi all, got a bit of an annoying issue I'd like help troubleshooting. Updated my old laptop from 7 pro to 10 pro (x64). All went pretty smooth. However my wi-fi is being a bit temperamental. After boot up, reboot or resume from sleep the wi-fi does not automatically...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet disconnects when resuming from sleep windows 10