Windows 10: Wi Fi disconnects randomly

Discus and support Wi Fi disconnects randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am having problems with the Wifi in my computer. What happens is that sometimes in the past couple weeks my WiFi just disconnected por... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zhejo75, May 21, 2020.

1. Wi Fi disconnects randomly

Hi everyone, I am having problems with the Wifi in my computer. What happens is that sometimes in the past couple weeks my WiFi just disconnected por no reason and wouldn't reconnect, it tries and connects for a minute and disconnects again. I used to fix it by restarting my computer, but today it happened and now will not connect no matter what. I tried the energy saver solution and reinstalling the Wifi driver but neither of them work. If someone could help me I would be so grateful P.S. My pc is an Asus GL752VW Thanks!

submitted by /u/Zhejo75
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zhejo75, May 21, 2020

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi Fi disconnects randomly [​IMG]

theveterans, May 21, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 21, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Wi Fi disconnects randomly

Wi Fi

Hi Chris,

If your connection to a Wi-Fi network is being disconnected automatically, it could mean that the network adapter drivers are outdated, or the Wi-Fi profile doesn't match, etc. For us to assist you properly in your connection issue, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Does the issue happen when connecting only to the Wi-Fi from your work? Or, does it happen when connecting to a different network?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Wi Fi disconnects randomly

1. Wi Fi disconnects randomly - Similar Threads - disconnects randomly

2. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  3. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  4. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  6. Random Disconnection Ethernet

Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  7. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.: So I have had this issue with my pc for several months now and I have just been dealing with it. But basically my wi if connection will just disconnect for a few seconds at a time 1-10 and then reconnect. Sometimes it won’t happen for an hour, sometimes it will happen every...
  8. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.: So I have had this issue with my pc for several months now and I have just been dealing with it. But basically my wi if connection will just disconnect for a few seconds at a time 1-10 and then reconnect. Sometimes it won’t happen for an hour, sometimes it will happen every...
  9. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. My mouse keeps disconnecting randomly and even sometimes my whole setup just completly...

My mouse keeps disconnecting randomly and even sometimes my whole setup just completly...: My mouse Hyperx pulse fire haste keeps disconnecting and sometimes my whole setup except my monitor and pc just shuts down so when im playing a game i cant hear anything nor can i use my keyboard i think keychron k8 and mouse. Its getting kinda annoying mostly the mouse...