Windows 10: Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

Discus and support Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For about 3 days now, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting & reconnecting literally every few minutes for no obvious reason? My PC is a HP Pavilion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ian757uk, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Ian757uk Win User

Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

Hi,

For about 3 days now, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting & reconnecting literally every few minutes for no obvious reason? My PC is a HP Pavilion running the latest version of Windows 10.

The only thing differently recently that I can think of, is that there was a couple of updates the other day that claimed to have installed, but kept appearing as available downloads via Windows update? They only stopped appearing yesterday. (see screenshot below).

Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes? 004814bf-f5d7-446f-9359-62747b2512b9?upload=true.png

If anyone can help, then I would be most grateful.

Many thanks.

:)

Ian757uk, Jul 10, 2019

2. Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn on the Wi Fi, once disconnected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?

• What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to change in settings, driver issue or application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to disable and enable Wireless network in adapter settings and check if the issue persists.

• Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change Adapter settings.
    • Locate the Wireless adapter.
    Right click Disable it and enable it and check the status.

If you are able to turn on the Wi Fi, it may be due to driver conflicts.

Hence, I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.

1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to check if the Airplane mode turns automatically on after the disconnection.

For that, you can check either click on the network icon in the action centre .

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 10, 2019
  3. logman Win User
    Wi-Fi disconnect

My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others using the same Wi-Fi do not have this problem and my cell phone never looses it's connection. Does any one have a solution?.......

logman, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes? [​IMG]

theveterans, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

1. Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes? - Similar Threads - disconnects reconnects every

2. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  3. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.: So I have had this issue with my pc for several months now and I have just been dealing with it. But basically my wi if connection will just disconnect for a few seconds at a time 1-10 and then reconnect. Sometimes it won’t happen for an hour, sometimes it will happen every...
  4. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.: So I have had this issue with my pc for several months now and I have just been dealing with it. But basically my wi if connection will just disconnect for a few seconds at a time 1-10 and then reconnect. Sometimes it won’t happen for an hour, sometimes it will happen every...
  5. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  7. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  8. Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and I am not able to watch any streaming services smoothly because of that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Network drivers manually, I tried unchecking the power management box, I even tried connecting...
  9. Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes

Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes: I have a problem with my wifi where i disconnect from the wifi every 5-10 minutes and reconnects afterwards. Its really bugging me, because i can´t do anything. Its a new wifi adapter, but i had the same problem with the "old" one i refunded it because i thought it was a...
  10. My wi-fi stops working every few minutes and needs to be disconnected and reconnected to...

My wi-fi stops working every few minutes and needs to be disconnected and reconnected to...: My phone and TV have no issue. My internet works fine normally, but every few minutes it stops working and displays the exclamation mark. If I disconnect and reconnect the network, it works again for several minutes before it stops working again. Please help. I have found no...