Windows 10: Wi-fi disconnects regulary, router is gone for everybody

Discus and support Wi-fi disconnects regulary, router is gone for everybody in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my bar we have free Wi-Fi, I use it myself on my laptop (windows 10.1) Quite often the Wi-Fi disconnects but nobody sees the router anymore. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Folkoer, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Folkoer Win User

Wi-fi disconnects regulary, router is gone for everybody

In my bar we have free Wi-Fi, I use it myself on my laptop (windows 10.1)
    Quite often the Wi-Fi disconnects but nobody sees the router anymore. So everybody loses their connection.
    It's like my laptop can shut down the router for a while. After a minute or 2 it's visible again.

I also noticed that when I download something large (via torrent) it disconnects allot more.

Any solution for this?

:)

Folkoer, Nov 10, 2015
  2. paya2404 Win User

5530 Wi-fi Always On...

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I have this inconvenience with my wi-fi on my mobile. I just got it brand new the other day and have been happy with it. But it seems my wi-fi is always connected with my home router, even if i disconnect it, it
    reconnects a minute later.

Please could someone post a solution, i've been trying to find this all over the net.

Cheers,

Paya

paya2404, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Phone and laptop can't connect to router; PC has 169.254 IP

If your IP information on the computer was corrupt then it's probably the same on the phone, disconnect from the Wi-Fi, unplug the router, do a soft reset on the phone by holding the power and volume down buttons then plug the router in and connect to
    the Wi-Fi.

fredgiblet, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Wi-fi disconnects regulary, router is gone for everybody

You have lots of company. I think you need to see if the manufacturer of your Wi-Fi adapter has a new driver. I just found a new driver for my D-Link adapter and it seems be connecting fine for now.

alkaufmann, Nov 10, 2015
  5. davexnet Win User
    I remember reading a few years ago, torrent activity does upset some routers because of the sheer volume of connections
    it has to deal with . This info may be out of date or not, depending on the router.

davexnet, Nov 10, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Maybe there is some kind of bandwidth restriction on the router. Connect to the router and search carefully all the advanced settings. If you find something relevant, disable it. I also heard (some years ago) that some ISPs would block access for a while when torrent activity is detected, but it were just rumors. I didn't see any such case, at least here in Greece.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wi-fi disconnects regulary, router is gone for everybody

1. Wi-fi disconnects regulary, router is gone for everybody - Similar Threads - disconnects regulary router

2. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip 14, the Wi-Fi keeps on disconnecting. My drivers are all updated and having read some solutions to others having solutions I also tried them yet the problem persists. The device is on maximum performance, I have checked power management...
  3. wi fi disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi fi disconnection: the WiFi internet disconnects when the power cable is plugged-in. I have windows 10 installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/120d6dee-d1d9-41a0-8964-bf9770614afb
  4. Wi-Fi disconnection

Wi-Fi disconnection: Hi , When I connect my pc to zoom or outlook then wifi disconnect several times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/47ce291c-f151-4d27-aade-06b9e45b450c
  5. Wi-Fi Disconnection

Wi-Fi Disconnection: Hi , My wi-fi disconnect automatically sometimes and shows no wifi network found and after sometimes network comes.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/da3b1310-d7e1-49eb-8702-3f27734473b5
  6. Wi Fi disconnects off and on

Wi Fi disconnects off and on: Sometime back, not sure, one of updates caused Wi Fi to disconnect 2-4 times sometimes in an hour sometimes. Even when streaming on cell phone with Wi Fi phone would say Wi Fi off. Yes I say one of the updates. I will explain. I did check everything I could...
  7. Wi Fi disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi Fi disconnects randomly: Hi everyone, I am having problems with the Wifi in my computer. What happens is that sometimes in the past couple weeks my WiFi just disconnected por no reason and wouldn't reconnect, it tries and connects for a minute and disconnects again. I used to fix it by restarting my...
  8. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  9. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work: Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm having issues after an OS recovery with one of my Windows 10 machines. When I attempt to connect to my wireless router, it shows "Connected, Secured" but...
  10. Wi-Fi disconnect

Wi-Fi disconnect: My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others...