Windows 10: Wi-Fi driver problem

Discus and support Wi-Fi driver problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a problem with my new laptop sometimes when i open it there is no WiFi at all when I go to the settings it shows that i have a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elyestenzakhti, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi driver problem

I am having a problem with my new laptop

sometimes when i open it there is no WiFi at all

when I go to the settings it shows that i have a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter

https://imgur.com/3pdp2bH

I tried uninstalling and installing the drive and it worked but it keeps happening every couple days

is there a way to stop this ?

:)

elyestenzakhti, Jan 11, 2020

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi driver problem

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi driver problem

1. Wi-Fi driver problem - Similar Threads - driver problem

2. Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.: I feel like i have tried everything to fix this problem. This has been going on for about a month i haven't even been able to use my computer. This started happening randomly one day when i loaded up my computer, and ever since, the problem has stayed. I have tried deleting...
  3. Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.: I feel like i have tried everything to fix this problem. This has been going on for about a month i haven't even been able to use my computer. This started happening randomly one day when i loaded up my computer, and ever since, the problem has stayed. I have tried deleting...
  4. Installation problems for drivers in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation problems for drivers in Windows Update: So I have an HP printer at my house. Ever since the first time I plugged it in, I got an update message from Windows Update. The update will download but it will not install. For those who don't know the difference saying politely, download means copying files from a server...
  5. Installation problems for drivers in Windows Update

Installation problems for drivers in Windows Update: So I have an HP printer at my house. Ever since the first time I plugged it in, I got an update message from Windows Update. The update will download but it will not install. For those who don't know the difference saying politely, download means copying files from a server...
  6. Video Color Adjustment Problem With AMD 24.1.1 Adrenalin Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Color Adjustment Problem With AMD 24.1.1 Adrenalin Driver: Hi All I have just upgraded my VGA and purchased a AMD RX 6700. I downloaded and applied its latest driver which is 24.1.1 Adrenalin. However this driver really makes me crazy because I can’t find its video color adjustment settings. There is a display settings part in...
  7. How to fix LAN Ethernet driver problem in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix LAN Ethernet driver problem in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If you face problems with your LAN Ethernet drivers on your Windows PC, this post will help you fix them. Some Windows users have reported that their ethernet driver has stopped working. This issue could be caused by various reasons, including outdated/faulty drivers,...
  8. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  9. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  10. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware