Windows 10: Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer

Discus and support Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am hoping that you can help me as I have tried all avenues and Google searches. Maybe you might be able to spare some time possibly to look at my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Modemadfan, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer

I am hoping that you can help me as I have tried all avenues and Google searches. Maybe you might be able to spare some time possibly to look at my home computer and see what is possibly wrong. I have a Wi-Fi extender TP-LINK WPA4220 AV 600 and up until recently it worked but every now and again it showed my old Wi-Fi setting/number of my old eir Wi-Fi network. My computer would switch to the current Wi-Fi and then after a while switch back to the Extender that I had connected to my computer by an Ethernet cable and everything was fine.I tried to stop the old Wi-Fi network showing and

:)

Modemadfan, Nov 24, 2022

2. Ethernet cable much slower than wi-fi

My computer is connected by an Ethernet cable and when I run Speedtest I get around 50 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up. That is way lower than what I am paying for. I thought the problem would be with my Internet service provider but Speedtest run on my tablet that uses wi-fi gets much better results. I checked the Speedtest that is built into my Netgear router and it also shows much better results. So the problem seems to be going from my router to my Windows 10 Pro computer by Ethernet cable. I used to get very high Speedtest results and I don't know what is causing this problem.

Anyone have any suggestion?

Ak

alkaufmann, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Western Digital Unveils the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender

WD, a subsidiary of Western Digital, and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today's connected life, today unveils its My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender to expand wireless home networks into out-of-reach areas of the home.

Following the introduction of its first line of wireless home networking products, the acclaimed My Net family of HD dual-band routers, the selectable dual-band My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster, stronger and more reliable wireless network coverage to computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, media players, smart TVs and other Wi-Fi connected devices that suffer from a weak Wi-Fi signal within the home.

Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer wd_my_net_range_extender_01_thm.jpg

"Today's home is filled with multiple Wi-Fi connected devices simultaneously streaming movies, music and TV shows on services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, VUDU and others," explains Scott Vouri, general manager for WD's connected life solutions group. "The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster speeds at greater distances, enabling HD streaming to the outermost areas of the home."

My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender's power comes from its 3x3 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) antenna array design, versus the 2x2 design used by most competitive products. This design enables customers to significantly extend the Wi-Fi signal from their existing routers or gateways, letting them enjoy HD streaming movies, online gaming and video calls in remote areas of the home with the fastest wireless-N speeds possible. The range extender also features a Gigabit Ethernet port, providing a high-speed Internet connection for distant, wired-only entertainment devices.

Setup of the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is a simple two step process, with no installation CD or software needed. Customers can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the range extender to their existing home network with a push of a button. Then they can use the convenient Wi-Fi signal strength indicator lights on the front of the range extender to find the optimal signal-boosting location in their home. Once all the indicator lights are lit, the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is in the best location to provide maximum performance. The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi certified routers and gateways, as well as all wireless Wi-Fi standards, from 802.11a to 802.11ac.

Availability and Pricing
    My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is available now at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $89.99 USD.

Cristian_25H, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer

Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending

I am looking at TP-Link TL-WPA8730KIT, but need another extender, d-link tell me I can use ANY extender, does this mean the Wi-fi strength and protocol (801-ac) resides only in the sender unit and it doesn’t matter which extender you use the Wi-fi will be as strong as the extender that comes with the kit.....very difficult to get definitive answers, even d-link live chat isn’t much good

the internet is a basic phone line supply, so not sure if the powerline I listed is overkill.....my other thought was to run a cable from the router to the other end of the house and buy a router to convert to WAP, it again I don’t know if I should buy an expensive router £80-£90 or use an old one, as this may well be sufficient. The Wi-fi is used for amazon prime video mainly and some browsing, no gaming.

have researched this a lot, but can’t fimd any useful answers

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer

1. Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer - Similar Threads - Extender via Ethernet

2. Wi-Fi not working with Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not working with Ethernet: Wi-Fi not working when using Ethernet cable. It says: “Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. It mentions how my data provider may have a limit on my data but can it remove my Wi-Fi connection to my PC? Idk pls help...
  3. Wi-Fi not working with Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi not working with Ethernet: Wi-Fi not working when using Ethernet cable. It says: “Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. It mentions how my data provider may have a limit on my data but can it remove my Wi-Fi connection to my PC? Idk pls help...
  4. Wi-Fi not working with Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer: I am hoping that you can help me as I have tried all avenues and Google searches. Maybe you might be able to spare some time possibly to look at my home computer and see what is possibly wrong. I have a Wi-Fi extender TP-LINK WPA4220 AV 600 and up until recently it worked but...
  6. Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer

Wi-Fi Extender via Ethernet cable not working and stopping computer: I am hoping that you can help me as I have tried all avenues and Google searches. Maybe you might be able to spare some time possibly to look at my home computer and see what is possibly wrong. I have a Wi-Fi extender TP-LINK WPA4220 AV 600 and up until recently it worked but...
  7. Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?: So currently I'm having trouble connecting my Windows 10 Asus laptop through Wi-Fi even though my cellphone and any other device around my house has connection. Of course I'm trying to connect with the Ethernet cable disconnected. Wi-Fi used to work perfectly. Here are some...
  8. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  9. No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection

No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection: Hello, since around 2PM today May, 2nd I have been unable to connect to my home wi-fi or directly use the ethernet cable it has in order to access the internet on my laptop using my work laptop to write this. My laptop is an ASUS TUF gaming fx705DU with Windows 10 Pro, if...
  10. Ethernet cable much slower than wi-fi

Ethernet cable much slower than wi-fi: My computer is connected by an Ethernet cable and when I run Speedtest I get around 50 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up. That is way lower than what I am paying for. I thought the problem would be with my Internet service provider but Speedtest run on my tablet that uses wi-fi gets...