Windows 10: Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged

Discus and support Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a very interesting and weird issue. When my pc is plugged in, I get excellent download speeds and a great connection. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FlyingDog51, May 6, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged

Hello everyone, I have a very interesting and weird issue. When my pc is plugged in, I get excellent download speeds and a great connection. However, when I unplug the computer, I can't even load web pages. The connection still says it is very good. Here's my system info: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

System Model: Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

SMBIOS Version: 3.2

Here are the steps I have already taken to try to fix the issue:

1. Updated Drivers

2. Updated Windows

3. Used System restore to a time it used to work correctly 4 days ago

4. Adjusted Wireless Driver settings so that the PC cannot turn it off to save power

5. Adjusted the power plan settings - Wireless adapter is set to "maximum performance" on battery and plugged in on all power settings.

6. I have only used High Performance.

7. Reset BIOS to default

Odd things that happen:

When there is a background connection, the wifi seems to work extremely well while unplugged. For example, with while using TeamViewer for remote support, my speeds were excellent even while on Battery.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help solve this mystery. It truly has me confused and customer service for Asus could not seem to figure it out either. Thanks again for your time!

:)

FlyingDog51, May 6, 2020

2. Slow wi-fi

My laptop, with Windows 10, runs extremely slow on Wi-fi - about 15 Mbps. The warranty dept at Costco is suggesting running Windows 10 back to the factory default. Do you think this will help? I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue, specifically the
    network card?

DavidGadberry, May 6, 2020
  3. ianmidd Win User
    Extremely slow Wi-Fi on my PC only?

I just recently bought my PC a few days ago and ever since, the Wi-Fi has been terribly slow. I have really good Wi-Fi and I know it is just an issue with my PC because the Wi-Fi works fine on my phone, laptop, and smart T.V. This is also a good P.C. I
    can't even open google without it taking an hour. Sometimes the Wi-Fi will just randomly disconnect too. I need help. Any suggestions? Thank you.

ianmidd, May 6, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged

Windows 10 Unplug Power and Wi-Fi Stops

Hi Judah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand that inconvenience caused due to not being able to connect to Wi-Fi after unplugging the power cable and I appreciate the effort towards trying to fixes. I also appreciate the steps you performed to fix the issue.

Incorrect power settings can cause the device not to connect to Wi-Fi and other issues as well. Your suggestions will sure help other community members facing the same issue.

Do feel free to write to us in case you have any issues/concerns while working on your computer, we'll be happy to assist you.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged

1. Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow Computer

2. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10: I've been facing this problem for a while now, basically my Wi-Fi is extremely slow only on Windows 10, it seems to be perfectly fine on Linux, I've tried with multiple adapters, network reset, chucking 20 commands into CMD, none of them worked. It's so incredibly slow to the...
  3. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10: I've been facing this problem for a while now, basically my Wi-Fi is extremely slow only on Windows 10, it seems to be perfectly fine on Linux, I've tried with multiple adapters, network reset, chucking 20 commands into CMD, none of them worked. It's so incredibly slow to the...
  4. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  6. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  7. Slow Wi-Fi

8. slow wi fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow wi fi: wi fi very slow, Sprint said all fine at their end on Optimum, download 167 upload 37. the keyboard doesnt work but when I swith it to oter usb, it starts to work. also, unable to do software update on my i phone 11...
  9. Extremely slow Wi-Fi on my PC only?

Extremely slow Wi-Fi on my PC only?: I just recently bought my PC a few days ago and ever since, the Wi-Fi has been terribly slow. I have really good Wi-Fi and I know it is just an issue with my PC because the Wi-Fi works fine on my phone, laptop, and smart T.V. This is also a good P.C. I can't even open google...
  10. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af