Windows 10: Wi-Fi feature disappears from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings

Discus and support Wi-Fi feature disappears from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Everything works well when I start my laptop. I can connect to any wifi networks with no issues.The problem begins when I disconnect a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Moulidharan R, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi feature disappears from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings

Hi,

Everything works well when I start my laptop. I can connect to any wifi networks with no issues.The problem begins when I disconnect a wifi network.

After disconnecting wifi, I'm unable to see any available wifi networks and even theWi-Fi tab under Network & Internet Settings is missing.

If I restart my machine everything comes back to normal. I'm facing this issue for the past few months.

Specifications:

OS - Windows 10 Pro

Version - 1909
    Driver - Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Thanks

Moulidharan Rathinam

:)

Moulidharan R, Jul 11, 2020

2. Wi-Fi item missing from "Network and Internet" Settings.

I have just noticed a weird problem that I think has been happening for a week or so.

Have a Surface 3. Win 10, latest updates. I got a restart update this week actually. Hmmm.

When powering on of a morning the Wi-Fi icon (bottom right task bar) will be greyed.

If I select (right swipe) "All Settings" and select "Network and Internet" Wi-Fi is MISSING from the list.

The first item is now "flight Mode". Wi-Fi is usually the first item.

After P/Fing about turning flight mode on and then back off again Wi-Fi will come back. Sometimes it takes around 5 minutes which is way too long for it to be startup related.

Once Wi-Fi is back the settings item magically appears in the "Network and Internet" list up the top?

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

GerardBakker, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What happens when you try to connect through the Wi-Fi, are you able to access to internet?
    • Does your Desktop support or does it has a Wi-Fi device to connect to the same Wi-Fi?
    As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

Note: To transfer the files you have to share the files and folders on a network.

Method 1: If you are already using the HomeGroup.
    Network discovery might be blocking you from seeing other computers and devices on the network. Check if the Network discovery is turned on. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you won't see other computers and devices
    on the network.

Steps to Turn on network discovery.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.
    • Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.
    • Try the same on all the computers connected to the network.
    If the issue still persists,

Method 2: I would suggest you to
    create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.

Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi feature disappears from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings

Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi feature disappears from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings

1. Wi-Fi feature disappears from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings - Similar Threads - feature disappears Taskbar

2. Wi-Fi disappeared from computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi disappeared from computer: My Wi-Fi has disappeared from my computer after an update. I’ve searched for resolutions: have checked hidden devices, restarted computer multiple times. There is no WIFI option available anywhere in the Device Manager. If I click internet connection, it will tell me windows...
  3. Wi-Fi disappeared from computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi disappeared from computer: My Wi-Fi has disappeared from my computer after an update. I’ve searched for resolutions: have checked hidden devices, restarted computer multiple times. There is no WIFI option available anywhere in the Device Manager. If I click internet connection, it will tell me windows...
  4. Wi-Fi disappeared from computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  6. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  7. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

8. Wifi feature disappear from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings

Wifi feature disappear from Taskbar and from Network & Internet Settings: Hi, Everything works well when I start my laptop. I can connect to any wifi networks with no issues.The problem begins when I disconnect a wifi network. After disconnecting wifi, I'm unable to see any available wifi networks and even theWi-Fi tab under Network &...
  9. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi is present and enabled. I...
  10. No Wi Fi in network & internet settings

No Wi Fi in network & internet settings: My Wi Fi icon is not in my Win10 I don't recall it ever being there. I upgraded from Win8. Can I download a Realtek driver to support this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wi-fi-in-network-internet-settings/9efbb332-f55d-4888-a058-ecf83703f794