Windows 10: wi-fi frequently disconnecting

Discus and support wi-fi frequently disconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new laptop, only a week old, and it is having the exact same problem as my old HP laptop, 4 years old. The wi-fi will show a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mariecoen1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. wi-fi frequently disconnecting

I have a brand new laptop, only a week old, and it is having the exact same problem as my old HP laptop, 4 years old. The wi-fi will show a little yellow notice beside it on the taskbar, then it will disconnect altogether and for a few minutes, tells me that there are no wi-fi connections available to attempt to connect to. this lasts happens way too often and lasts a varying amount of time each time.

no other device in our house is having any problem similar, it has happens to me at home and at my student house, so it is nothing to do with the wi-fi itself, but clearly a problem with hp laptops. At first, I dealt with it, thinking it could be a problem with the wi-fi, but now it's so irritating, I can't get any work done!

:)

mariecoen1, Dec 8, 2018

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    wi-fi frequently disconnecting [​IMG]

theveterans, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Frequent Wi-Fi Disconnections

Hello, I am experiencing frequent Wi-Fi disconnections when I play games, such as Overwatch, I get randomly disconnected mid-game. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have not tried Ethernet and my wireless card is 802.11ac. The computer I am using is
    ROG G20A. Thank you for reading this and possibly helping me!

TheLumpyBananaMan, Dec 8, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

wi-fi frequently disconnecting

Wi Fi

Hi Chris,

If your connection to a Wi-Fi network is being disconnected automatically, it could mean that the network adapter drivers are outdated, or the Wi-Fi profile doesn't match, etc. For us to assist you properly in your connection issue, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Does the issue happen when connecting only to the Wi-Fi from your work? Or, does it happen when connecting to a different network?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

wi-fi frequently disconnecting

1. wi-fi frequently disconnecting - Similar Threads - frequently disconnecting

2. windows 10 WiFi disconnect frequently Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 WiFi disconnect frequently Desktop: windows 10 WiFi disconnect frequently on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wifi-disconnect-frequently-desktop/a17b0e09-8370-47a4-9124-85caedca1b79
  3. windows 10 WiFi disconnect frequently

windows 10 WiFi disconnect frequently: I'm using ASUS N550JV laptop windows 10 19041.153 WiFi connection drops every few minutes and when I try to reconnect it always says: "can't connect to this network" every time this happens I have to disable network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG and reenable it to...
  4. How do I fix frequent internet disconnects?

How do I fix frequent internet disconnects?: At first, I thought I was disconnecting due to joining a multiplayer Steam game, Terraria, however I shortly noticed that it wasn't due to the game, it's just due to the fact that my computer has some default function, or it's overwhelmed with cache, I am not entirely sure. I...
  5. Wifi is disconnecting frequently

Wifi is disconnecting frequently: Hi, My wifi connection is disconnecting very frequently. I have uninstalled smartbytes, but the problem is still there. I need to restart adapter frequently to connect again. Other laptops and phones in my house are working fine....
  6. Frequent Network Disconnect

Frequent Network Disconnect: I have a new Surface Pro with Windows 10 wired to a network and no wireless connections active and running Quickbooks with the data file on another network computer. While using Quickbooks, I frequently get an error "Connection has been lost" and I have to abort my current...
  7. Sculpt comfort mouse disconnection at frequent intervals

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt comfort mouse disconnection at frequent intervals: I have 2 of these mice and have had continual problems for several years onmultiple devices. The mouse disconnects during use at seemingly random intervals. Turning the mouse off and on has no effect. Disabling power management for the mouse has no effect. In the past I've...
  8. WiFi disconnecting frequently but reconnects on running troubleshoot

WiFi disconnecting frequently but reconnects on running troubleshoot: Hi, My brand new Asus Vivobook S14 S430FA with Windows 10 1903 is getting disconnected from WiFi frequently. I have tried updating the driver and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and still the problem persists. After getting connected to a WiFi, it stays for some...
  9. Frequent daily wifi disconnects after Windows update

Frequent daily wifi disconnects after Windows update: Good Evening, My name is Karen and over the last couple of months, the wifi on my desktop computer suddenly disconnects with increasing frequency. I may be connected for a few hours, a few minutes, or a few seconds, there is no discernible pattern. The issue is not with...
  10. Microsoft Arc Mouse disconnects frequently as well as double-clicking on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Arc Mouse disconnects frequently as well as double-clicking on its own: I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Microsoft Arc Mouse. If I click too much, it disconnects for a few seconds, then reconnects. This happens mostly in videogames like PvP in Minecraft. Additionally, whenever I right-click, it frequently double clicks automatically. I have turned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop randomly disconnecting from internet with new hp pavillion laptop

2. wifi disconnects