Windows 10: wi-fi frequently disconnecting

Discus and support wi-fi frequently disconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new laptop, only a week old, and it is having the exact same problem as my old HP laptop, 4 years old. The wi-fi will show a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mariecoen1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. wi-fi frequently disconnecting

I have a brand new laptop, only a week old, and it is having the exact same problem as my old HP laptop, 4 years old. The wi-fi will show a little yellow notice beside it on the taskbar, then it will disconnect altogether and for a few minutes, tells me that there are no wi-fi connections available to attempt to connect to. this lasts happens way too often and lasts a varying amount of time each time.

no other device in our house is having any problem similar, it has happens to me at home and at my student house, so it is nothing to do with the wi-fi itself, but clearly a problem with hp laptops. At first, I dealt with it, thinking it could be a problem with the wi-fi, but now it's so irritating, I can't get any work done!

:)

mariecoen1, Dec 8, 2018

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    wi-fi frequently disconnecting [​IMG]

theveterans, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Frequent Wi-Fi Disconnections

Hello, I am experiencing frequent Wi-Fi disconnections when I play games, such as Overwatch, I get randomly disconnected mid-game. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have not tried Ethernet and my wireless card is 802.11ac. The computer I am using is
    ROG G20A. Thank you for reading this and possibly helping me!

TheLumpyBananaMan, Dec 8, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

wi-fi frequently disconnecting

Wi Fi

Hi Chris,

If your connection to a Wi-Fi network is being disconnected automatically, it could mean that the network adapter drivers are outdated, or the Wi-Fi profile doesn't match, etc. For us to assist you properly in your connection issue, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Does the issue happen when connecting only to the Wi-Fi from your work? Or, does it happen when connecting to a different network?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

wi-fi frequently disconnecting

1. wi-fi frequently disconnecting - Similar Threads - frequently disconnecting

2. Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my mouse and keyboard disconnecting frequently recently. I have confirmed the health of both the keyboard and mouse. The problem is such that both the mouse and keyboard disconnect every few seconds, and I have to wait for...
  3. Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my mouse and keyboard disconnecting frequently recently. I have confirmed the health of both the keyboard and mouse. The problem is such that both the mouse and keyboard disconnect every few seconds, and I have to wait for...
  4. Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop: Wifi frequently disconnects from my laptop after being idle for a few minutes and also when sleeping. I tried to change the power management settings for the network adapter but there is no such tab listed. This seems to be a widespread issue for which I've read through...
  5. Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop

Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop: Wifi frequently disconnects from my laptop after being idle for a few minutes and also when sleeping. I tried to change the power management settings for the network adapter but there is no such tab listed. This seems to be a widespread issue for which I've read through...
  6. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC: My HP PC WiFi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC. My WiFi is working, just my PC keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-keeps-disconnecting-frequently-on/bf5d9f88-4398-4ccf-b423-fda7e83e54d6
  7. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC

Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC: My HP PC WiFi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC. My WiFi is working, just my PC keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-keeps-disconnecting-frequently-on/bf5d9f88-4398-4ccf-b423-fda7e83e54d6
  8. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting frequently on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?: I always face this problem, I use TP-Link usb adapter and the router is Nokia 5G I searched and literally tried all the ways and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-frequently/d6f11730-b10e-47a5-b730-2df7a2a27c22
  10. Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?

Why WIFI keeps disconnecting frequently?: I always face this problem, I use TP-Link usb adapter and the router is Nokia 5G I searched and literally tried all the ways and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-frequently/d6f11730-b10e-47a5-b730-2df7a2a27c22

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop randomly disconnecting from internet with new hp pavillion laptop

2. wifi disconnects