Windows 10: Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

Discus and support Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get a new laptop Vostro 5490 with Win10 Pro 2004. everything works great but once my laptop goes into sleep mode it's become a problem. I can go in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MoatazAhmed3, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

I get a new laptop Vostro 5490 with Win10 Pro 2004. everything works great but once my laptop goes into sleep mode it's become a problem. I can go in and out of sleep mode just fine, but my problem is that upon exiting sleep mode my computer cannot pick up any wifi signals and the computer must be reset.

:)

MoatazAhmed3, Jun 16, 2020

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep [​IMG]

theveterans, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

That seems to involve a restart.

There are quicker ways.

All that is needed is to disable the network adapter (ethernet or WiFi), and then re-enable it!
    Lets do it manually:
    *Start+R (Run shortcut) and type ncpa.cpl and press <enter> to bring up the Network Connections control panel:

Select either the WiFi adapter (this is commonly the adapter that gets confused), or Ethernet if that is problematic. From the toolbar that appears, select Disable this network device and the device is disabled:

Now select Enable this network device and the device is enabled and it should automatically connect within a few seconds. Sometimes it is necessary to select Connect to and select the WiFi network you want:

No restart required. See here for an even simpler way with a batch file:

Is there a simple script to reset the wi-fi adapter

Fafhrd, Jun 16, 2020
  4. mark0525 Win User

Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

Wi-Fi Disconnects After Sleep or Switches to Airplane Mode - Troubleshooting Fails

Thanks Abdul,

I tried your suggestions. The Network Adapter troubleshooter couldn't identify any problem and I have the most up-to-date Network Adapter driver. I cleared the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then clicked
    OK.

When I brought the laptop out of sleep a few times it was ok but most recently it was disconnected from Wi-Fi so I had to click Wi-Fi and select the connection to my Wi-Fi which was never necessary prior to Windows 10.

mark0525, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

1. Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep - Similar Threads - gets disconnected sleep

2. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  3. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  4. Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep: I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" option beside all Wi-Fi adapters in the Device Manager yet it still happens. Any reply is appreciated!...
  5. wi fi disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi fi disconnection: the WiFi internet disconnects when the power cable is plugged-in. I have windows 10 installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/120d6dee-d1d9-41a0-8964-bf9770614afb
  6. Wi-Fi disconnection

Wi-Fi disconnection: Hi , When I connect my pc to zoom or outlook then wifi disconnect several times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/47ce291c-f151-4d27-aade-06b9e45b450c
  7. Wi-Fi Disconnection

Wi-Fi Disconnection: Hi , My wi-fi disconnect automatically sometimes and shows no wifi network found and after sometimes network comes.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/da3b1310-d7e1-49eb-8702-3f27734473b5
  8. Wi Fi disconnects off and on

Wi Fi disconnects off and on: Sometime back, not sure, one of updates caused Wi Fi to disconnect 2-4 times sometimes in an hour sometimes. Even when streaming on cell phone with Wi Fi phone would say Wi Fi off. Yes I say one of the updates. I will explain. I did check everything I could...
  9. Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode: Howdy folks, Google gives me the impression this is not an uncommon issue. * I've tried the suggestion of deselecting the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. That's not working for me. I'm looking for a way to troubleshoot and fix this issue. *...
  10. Wi-Fi disconnect

Wi-Fi disconnect: My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others...