Windows 10: Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy all, Recently I've updated my OS to the latest version, only to find that the dynamic WiFi symbol on the taskbar has been replaced with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArgusLVI, Apr 2, 2019.

1. ArgusLVI Win User

Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update

Howdy all,

Recently I've updated my OS to the latest version, only to find that the dynamic WiFi symbol on the taskbar has been replaced with a static Ethernet icon -- despite the fact I still utilise my net card primarily over my Ethernet cord. I've tried the .reg method and deleting and recreating windows explorer, yet nothing is working.

Chance I could get some help here?

:)

ArgusLVI, Apr 2, 2019

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Wrong wi-fi icon?

I have my 'old' Black Panther system now connected by a wi-fi dongle.

There isn't a networking problem here, because the pc gets online with no problem.

However the bottom-right icon (near the clock) shows the symbol for not connected - 5 empty bars and a red cross over them.
    Mousing over the icon it says 'network - internet access' *Confused Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update :confused: And there is internet.

Why isn't the correct icon showing up? *Wtf :wtf:

Black Panther, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update

Wrong wi-fi icon?

Done. No-go. *Oh Well Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update :eek:hwell:

Edit: I think I solved it by deleting the 'Broadband connection' altogether

Wth the pc got confused? I was connecting through wifi yet wifi says not connected and broadband connection was connected? *Wtf :wtf:

Black Panther, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update

1. Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - icon replaced Ethernet

2. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  3. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  4. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  5. Wi-Fi Icon Disappeared Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Icon Disappeared Windows 10: Hello hope you're having a good time Yesterday i installed a driver update program and it updated my drivers but then after a restart i realized that my wifi icon is disappeared and in network and internet settings it doesn't show anything even though i am connected to my...
  6. Wi-Fi Icon Disappeared Windows 10

Wi-Fi Icon Disappeared Windows 10: Hello hope you're having a good time Yesterday i installed a driver update program and it updated my drivers but then after a restart i realized that my wifi icon is disappeared and in network and internet settings it doesn't show anything even though i am connected to my...
  7. Wi-Fi Icon Disappeared Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. WI-FI icon missing

WI-FI icon missing: Wifi icon is missing, but i can able to import the profile and connect using the command prompt. GUI is not wokring. I tried reinstalling the driver and all the possible ways...
  9. Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update

Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update: Howdy all, Recently I've updated my OS to the latest version, only to find that the dynamic WiFi symbol on the taskbar has been replaced with a static Ethernet icon -- despite the fact I still utilise my net card primarily over my Ethernet cord. I've tried the .reg method...
  10. wi-fi icon

wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c