Windows 10: Wi-fi internet connection drops at random times and frequently

Discus and support Wi-fi internet connection drops at random times and frequently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So for a long time I had this problem happening and it's annoying. So what happens is that I am either downloading something and the connection goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by twily, Dec 28, 2019.

1. twily Win User

Wi-fi internet connection drops at random times and frequently

So for a long time I had this problem happening and it's annoying. So what happens is that I am either downloading something and the connection goes to 0kb/s instantly and I found that reconnecting works for a while. It happens frequently with my internal wi-fi card which is a RTL8723BE wi-fi card and it happens sometimes with a USB wi-fi that I use though it takes space so I want to get my internal one working. My driver is up to date, I tried changing the power management settings to it doesn't turn it off to save power and I can't seem to find the problem.

Some help would be appreciated, thanks.

Windows version: 1909
    Windows build: 18363.535

:)

twily, Dec 28, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Dec 28, 2019
  3. TomHelle Win User
    Drop Wi-Fi connection after I terminate a session.

My laptop keeps dropping the Wi-Fi internet connection in-between uses. If I use the Wi-Fi and close out the connection, next time I come back it won't connect. I have to run troubleshooter to get it to work - any suggestions?

TomHelle, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Wi-fi internet connection drops at random times and frequently - Similar Threads - internet connection drops

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Wi-Fi connection often drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection often drops: Hello,since the end of 2020, I have had my notebook and never had any problems, but recently there have been complications.A few weeks ago, my notebook had the problem that sometimes the screen froze for a few seconds or the computer even crashed. This eventually ended up...
  4. Wi-Fi connection often drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection often drops: Hello,since the end of 2020, I have had my notebook and never had any problems, but recently there have been complications.A few weeks ago, my notebook had the problem that sometimes the screen froze for a few seconds or the computer even crashed. This eventually ended up...
  5. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  6. Wi-Fi connection will drop randomly for some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection will drop randomly for some apps: For a few days I have had this intermittent problem where my wifi connection, while my network settings say that my connection is fine. When this happens on some occasions, all my programs will be disconnected at once, while my network settings still say that I am connected....
  7. Wi-Fi connection will drop randomly for some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection will drop randomly for some apps: For a few days I have had this intermittent problem where my wifi connection, while my network settings say that my connection is fine. When this happens on some occasions, all my programs will be disconnected at once, while my network settings still say that I am connected....
  8. Wi-Fi connection will drop randomly for some apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?: This has been bugging me for almost 2 years. Since 19xx update, my WiFi seem dropped its internet connection (WiFi still connected, IP still OK. And no, my internet is FINE). I need to disconnect and reconnect when it happen. Happen frequently when boot PC or wake from sleep....
  10. Computer randomly drops connection with WI-FI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer randomly drops connection with WI-FI: Hello, This is my first time on here! So I hope I am posting in the correct spot. I currently have a PC running windows 10 and do not have access to use a wired connection. I also do not have an internal network adapter configured for WIFI, however I do have a HIRO H50334...