Windows 10: Wi Fi Internet

Discus and support Wi Fi Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, there I can't connect my friend's laptop to my wifi network. when I open to show wi-fi networks I can see other networks but not mine. He can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RainerWerner2, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Wi Fi Internet

Hi, there I can't connect my friend's laptop to my wifi network. when I open to show wi-fi networks I can see other networks but not mine. He can see my network and connect his phone without a problem. Help, please.

:)

RainerWerner2, Oct 23, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Marivel Man, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi Fi Internet

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Wi Fi Internet

1. Wi Fi Internet - Similar Threads - Internet

2. My laptop connects to WiFi but has no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop connects to WiFi but has no internet access: First of all, this problem only happens in my laptop: every other device in my house has no trouble connecting to the Internet. It also happens only in Windows 10: I have dual-booted Ubuntu and WiFi works fine there. Using an Ethernet cable results in the same problem. My...
  3. Problems with my laptop. Internet connection

Problems with my laptop. Internet connection: Hello, I am experiencing an annoying issue with my laptop. I accidentally had to turn off something in settings. My laptop doesn't show me the internet connection icon. I have to connect to the internet manually. Also, every microsoft service for example xbox, microsoft edge,...
  4. [TECH ISSUE] PC won’t connect to my home internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [TECH ISSUE] PC won’t connect to my home internet: My Lenovo Ideapad S340 has been having this problem where it can detect my house’s Spectrum WiFi but can’t actually connect. Originally this happened about once a week and resetting the router was a temporary fix, but it always came back several days later. Now it won’t...
  5. Windows 10 internet and system restore failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 internet and system restore failure: So for a while now my WiFi 1 has just been gone, and I have been using WiFi 2 just fine. Randomly today while playing a game, my internet for my pc just stopped working. One article suggested I try opening a command prompt in admin mode and typing ipconfig /flushdns...
  6. Cannot connect to internet

Cannot connect to internet: I recently reset my Pc and my settings have gone with it. My wifi adapter that was working is now not. I copied over the drivers so that wouldnt be an issue. I cannot find a fix for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated submitted by /u/takitaki555 [link] [comments]...
  7. I need help with internet

I need help with internet: I have a asus laptop with windows 10 I can connect to the wifi but it says no internet but every other device in my house is working it says WiFi dosn’t have a valid ip configuration but like I said every other divice is working like a Xbox one s the internet used to work but...
  8. Internet Explorer Save Loop

Internet Explorer Save Loop: I'm trying to install Forge on my Surface Pro and Internet Explorer, everytime I double click to install, tells me I have to save the file. I save the file and try to open and install. It tells me I have to save the file, again. I do that, open and install, I have to save the...
  9. PC connected to the internet, but still getting the sign on error message, "Your PC is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC connected to the internet, but still getting the sign on error message, "Your PC is...: I have tried holding shift and restarting to enter through safe mode and it just boots normally. I have gone through every password i think I've ever used on this PC and none of them work. Microsoft has literally made my Surface Pro a brick with this issue. Any help would be...
  10. pc internet slow after uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe

pc internet slow after uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe: Hi, I have this weird issue over here. I have Windows 10 Home installed in my laptop. It comes with pre installed McAfee anti-virus. I removed the complete McAfee LiveSafe anti-virus using control panel. The actual problem starts here. The internet connectivity slows down...