Windows 10: Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10. I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. What I observe is when I login to laptop I dont see Wi-Fi options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PSanjay83, Sep 20, 2018.

1. PSanjay83 Win User

Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10

Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10.

I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

What I observe is when I login to laptop I dont see Wi-Fi options.

If I logout I get the Wi-Fi option there and I can use it to connect. But I cant use it to connect using user certificate as I am not logged in.

I have tried almost all the options

Reset network

uninstall/install drivers

try some registry methods

I cant update windows myself as its not my personal laptop.

Under Settings >> Network & Internet there is no Wi-Fi at all.

How do I get this option? This is something related to GUI option which is hiding Wi-Fi else if I connect to wifi after logoff it works after login but dont show connectivity. Only way to check is ipconfig/all.

Regards,

Sanjay.

:)

PSanjay83, Sep 20, 2018

2. Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup requires login to Wi-Fi, but won't launch the browser to allow login. The Wi-Fi hotspots I have access to rewrite login visa browser ad the final step. I'm dead in the water. Is there a way to get the browser to load so I can complete
    the Wi-Fi login at initial setup of Windows 10?

***Subject edited for clarity.***

TomBartley1900, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10

1. Wi-Fi is missing when I login to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - missing login

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password: On Windows 11 upgraded from 10 some very forgettable number of months ago. On boot the login screen suddenly has no switch user option.There are 2 user accounts, one myself, one my wife. Neither account comes up as an option, instead a "new user" is selected, with an unknown...
  5. All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password

All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password: On Windows 11 upgraded from 10 some very forgettable number of months ago. On boot the login screen suddenly has no switch user option.There are 2 user accounts, one myself, one my wife. Neither account comes up as an option, instead a "new user" is selected, with an unknown...
  6. User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...: My computer did a small update now my user account is missing from the login screen, the only account that shows is the administrator account that I set up nearly 2 years ago & haven’t used since. I’ve gone through every password I’ve ever possibly had twice & nothing is...
  7. User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...

User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...: My computer did a small update now my user account is missing from the login screen, the only account that shows is the administrator account that I set up nearly 2 years ago & haven’t used since. I’ve gone through every password I’ve ever possibly had twice & nothing is...
  8. Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows

Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows: Windows device enrolled into Intune successfully by autopilot, and it prompt to configure Windows hello for business after provision. The WHFB has configure successfully but after restart the device, I do not have the option to login with WHFB, only username and password...
  9. Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows: Windows device enrolled into Intune successfully by autopilot, and it prompt to configure Windows hello for business after provision. The WHFB has configure successfully but after restart the device, I do not have the option to login with WHFB, only username and password...
  10. Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming