Windows 10: Wi-Fi issue

Discus and support Wi-Fi issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro. I've been using ethernet cable to connect to the Internet for 2 months, and all was well. Two days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bendipa, Nov 3, 2019.

1. bendipa Win User

Wi-Fi issue

I recently upgraded my PC from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro. I've been using ethernet cable to connect to the Internet for 2 months, and all was well. Two days ago I switched to Wi-Fi using a USB Realtek dongle, which I've used for years with Win 7 and with Linux without a problem. However, with Win 10 when I reach login, the network icon shows no connection. Once I am log in to Win10 there is still no connection. But I can manually connect by clicking the icon which brings up my SSID. Once I hit that my WiFi connects.

But after 2 minutes or so the connection then drops with the standard message No Internet Secured. My SSID shows I am still connected in so far as the Disconnect button is still showing. If I hit that and then hit Connect the network restarts and stabilizes for the rest of my session, although occasionally it may drop for a 2nd time soon after. But I've not had more than 2 drops in quick succession. I've tried everything suggested in this article, except in Wireless Network Properties I usually leave Client For Microsoft Networks unchecked, although this doesn't seem to make any difference to my issue if I do check it.

Finally if I reboot my PC then I have to start this manual procedure once again. Any ideas how to get Win10 to start my Wi-Fi automatically once my PC is booted up?

:)

bendipa, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Wi-fi issue

Hi Galin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are will surely help you with the issue.

I suggest you to run the below troubleshooter and check.

Run the build-in network troubleshooter

Follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the Network Adapter.

• Click on Next to perform the Network Adapter troubleshooter and follow the steps.
    Note: Refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/wi-fi-sense-faq

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Norton Win User

Wi-Fi issue

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi issue

1. Wi-Fi issue - Similar Threads - issue

2. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  4. PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button: In the model-driven app designer, when I edit the command bar, add a new button and give it basic Power FX functionality and then save/publish the command bar I receive this error which comes up as a popup I'm unable to show a screenshot:The Component Library is still...
  5. PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button

PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button: In the model-driven app designer, when I edit the command bar, add a new button and give it basic Power FX functionality and then save/publish the command bar I receive this error which comes up as a popup I'm unable to show a screenshot:The Component Library is still...
  6. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  7. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  8. Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue: I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the taskbar. Clicking also does nothing. For now, pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL is enough to fix it, however it would be nice to fix...
  9. Taskbar issue

Taskbar issue: I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the taskbar. Clicking also does nothing. For now, pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL is enough to fix it, however it would be nice to fix...
  10. Windows Script Host Persistent Pop-Up Issue

Windows Script Host Persistent Pop-Up Issue: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well.Recently, I've been encountering a recurring pop-up notification approximately every 10 to 15 minutes. Despite selecting "Ok" each time, the pop-up reappears after a short interval.After conducting thorough searches online,...