Windows 10: Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects

Discus and support Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have this problem where my Wi-Fi connection will randomly disconnect and I'll need to go reconnect it myself because it takes too long to reconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blue1Lantern, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects

I have this problem where my Wi-Fi connection will randomly disconnect and I'll need to go reconnect it myself because it takes too long to reconnect by itself. When I bought my laptop it didn't do this, but a few months ago it started and I'm getting pissed off.

I'm running the latest version Windows 10. I've so tried so many tutorials on YouTube but nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Blue1Lantern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Blue1Lantern, Jul 4, 2020

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects [​IMG]

theveterans, Jul 4, 2020
  3. logman Win User
    Wi-Fi disconnect

My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others using the same Wi-Fi do not have this problem and my cell phone never looses it's connection. Does any one have a solution?.......

logman, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects

Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn on the Wi Fi, once disconnected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?

• What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to change in settings, driver issue or application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to disable and enable Wireless network in adapter settings and check if the issue persists.

• Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change Adapter settings.
    • Locate the Wireless adapter.
    Right click Disable it and enable it and check the status.

If you are able to turn on the Wi Fi, it may be due to driver conflicts.

Hence, I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.

1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to check if the Airplane mode turns automatically on after the disconnection.

For that, you can check either click on the network icon in the action centre .

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects

1. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects - Similar Threads - keeps disconnecting long

2. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11: I’ve noticed my power saving option is nowhere to be found on my windows 11I had to resort to the registry edit to even see power management settings,https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/power-management-on-network-adaptermy internet still...
  3. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11: I’ve noticed my power saving option is nowhere to be found on my windows 11I had to resort to the registry edit to even see power management settings,https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/power-management-on-network-adaptermy internet still...
  4. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.: My wifi keeps disconnecting whenever I am playing any online games. Upon restarting the PC the wifi driver vanishes as if it was never installed and there is no option to connect to wifi. Restarting the wifi router also didn't help. What could be the issue and how do i fix...
  5. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  6. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  7. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip 14, the Wi-Fi keeps on disconnecting. My drivers are all updated and having read some solutions to others having solutions I also tried them yet the problem persists. The device is on maximum performance, I have checked power management...
  8. Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and I am not able to watch any streaming services smoothly because of that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Network drivers manually, I tried unchecking the power management box, I even tried connecting...
  9. wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects

wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects: hi ! the question is in the title ! best regards ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-disconnects-and/04a11209-a950-4c27-9668-2fd4d083b040
  10. 1803 update, wi-fi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

1803 update, wi-fi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting: Hello there, I'm usually able to quickly fix up all the things Windows 10 updates break whenever they are released, but this time I'm stumped. As the title says, promptly after the 1803 update (which was installed on the morning of May 13th in my case) every 10-15 minutes...