Windows 10: Wi-Fi keeps having problems these are notes I've written trying to fix it. If anyone has...

Discus and support Wi-Fi keeps having problems these are notes I've written trying to fix it. If anyone has... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Errors reported that forced restart kernel security check failure Driver power state failure Before installing the other driver The driver would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by b0b_1126, Jan 29, 2021.

1. b0b_1126 Win User

Wi-Fi keeps having problems these are notes I've written trying to fix it. If anyone has...

Errors reported that forced restart

kernel security check failure

Driver power state failure

Before installing the other driver

The driver would disable itself and could not be enabled. A restart would make things start back up normally with it enabled and working but would sometimes result in a driver power state failure when turning on.

After installing the other driver the WiFi connection continues to stop working at random times but starts working again soon after. Currently this is how it is the frequency of this problem is random with it happening from every minute to not happening for hours and having no clear cause.

Solutions attempted

I ran the troubleshooter every time the problem occurred It did not enable So I had to reset. The problem still occurs

Simple restart The problem still occurs

Turning the setting to allow the computer to turn the driver off to conserve power off The problem still occurs

Setting the power plan to maximum performance for the driver The problem still occurs

Reinstalling/updating the driver from the site it came from The problem still occurs

Factory reset while keeping my pictures and documents The problem still occurs

Repeated the steps above after the reset The problem still occurs

Installing another driver from the site I updated the original from The network continues to disable at random but enables itself automatically

IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

:)

b0b_1126, Jan 29, 2021

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Wi-Fi keeps having problems these are notes I've written trying to fix it. If anyone has...

Marivel Man, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Wi-Fi keeps having problems these are notes I've written trying to fix it. If anyone has...

1. Wi-Fi keeps having problems these are notes I've written trying to fix it. If anyone has... - Similar Threads - keeps having problems

2. Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi problem: I have a asus gaming laptop and I’ve ran so many trouble shoots and yet I still can’t find my Wi-Fi that I pay for but I can see all the other Wi-Fi’s around me what should I do...
  3. Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi problem: I have a asus gaming laptop and I’ve ran so many trouble shoots and yet I still can’t find my Wi-Fi that I pay for but I can see all the other Wi-Fi’s around me what should I do...
  4. Wi-Fi Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Problem: Hello, I have a strange problem, which is that the Wi-Fi stops working automatically and in order to be able to turn it on again I have to restart the computer or disable the wireless device and turn it on again or turn on the troubleshooting feature, but these solutions are...
  5. Problem with the Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the Wi-Fi: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve this problemplease help me to install proper driver for wifi [Original Title: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve...
  6. Having problems with my Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having problems with my Wi-Fi: Just bought a new laptop, Lenovo Gaming Ideapad 3 15ARH05. Installed Windows 10 a few days ago and a few other programs like Office and Steam. My problem is that each time I open my laptop, the Wi-FI does not detect the networks around. It just tells me that there are no...
  7. Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problems Wi-Fi connection method disappeared

Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problems Wi-Fi connection method disappeared: The Wi-Fi shortcut is disappeared from the start bar. Even the Wi-Fi shortcut in the setting at the Network & Internet section has gone. After troubleshooting the issue, it pop up 'There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter'. Furthermore, I'm currently not...
  8. Wi-Fi Problems

Wi-Fi Problems: My Wi-Fi has changed to Wi-Fi 2 since yesterday and has not shown any available networks I have deleted all the ghost devices and even configured the Wi-Fi still yet no improvement please assist me am so frustrated right now...
  9. problem with wi fi

problem with wi fi: WI-FI not connected after the update, I tried all the suggestions I could find on the Internet to solve it. It works very well with the cable connected to Ethernet, the only problem is the WI-FI connection, at some point I have a limited connection, also the WI-FI button does...
  10. Slow Wi-Fi; I've tried every possible fix that I can

Slow Wi-Fi; I've tried every possible fix that I can: Specs: Amd Ryzen 7 8 Core 16GB Ram 7200rpm 1tb HDD Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac Network Adapter After a while my internet just kinda died off. I cannot get speeds over 1.5 mbps when it should be around 18 to 20 mbps It started within the last couple months and I've...