Windows 10: Wi-Fi Network disappeared after shutting my laptop down and restarted

Discus and support Wi-Fi Network disappeared after shutting my laptop down and restarted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Wi-Fi on my laptop has never had an issue until I turned the computer off yesterday. I started it back up this morning as usual, and I was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffDbury, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JeffDbury Win User

Wi-Fi Network disappeared after shutting my laptop down and restarted

The Wi-Fi on my laptop has never had an issue until I turned the computer off yesterday. I started it back up this morning as usual, and I was no longer connected to the internet and my WiFi Network no longer displays for me to reconnect to it. I have another laptop that also uses the same network and it is connected and the Network is displaying just fine on it. The WiFi is turned on in the other laptop, but my Network will not show up so I can connect to it. I have never had an issue like this before, my WiFi is always working and connected. I did absolutely nothing to but shut the laptop down normally from the start menu.

:)

JeffDbury, Jan 28, 2021
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Wi-Fi Network disappeared after shutting my laptop down and restarted

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Wi-Fi Network disappeared after shutting my laptop down and restarted

1. Wi-Fi Network disappeared after shutting my laptop down and restarted - Similar Threads - Network disappeared shutting

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  4. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  5. My laptop restarts after I shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop restarts after I shut down: I tried the solution given in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-restarts-automatically-after-shutdown/d975e3ec-4944-4849-9596-e2429246f48a I did steps 1 and 2 but could not find the power management tab as mentioned in step 3. My laptop...
  6. Wi-Fi disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi disappeared.: Two days ago I received a windows update, right after the update finished, my Wi-Fi icon literally disappeared.I went to Device Manager to investigate a bit and found out that under "Network Adapters" the wireless drivers were off and invisible.Couldn't turn them on, so I...
  7. wi-Fi disappearance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-Fi disappearance: Hi I have a laptop which because of the distance from the router, does not get a good wi-fi signal. So I hard wired an ethernet cable from router to laptop. In fiddling I appear to have pressed a button? and now have lost wi-fi in Network & Internet settings. Nor am I able...
  8. After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared: Hello! After your system update, driver updates automatically loaded onto my computer's chipset. Now I have a lost Wi-Fi network. It is treated only by a rollback of the system. I noticed a driver bug even more than six months ago, and so I manually disconnected updates from...
  9. Wi-fi restarts

Wi-fi restarts: my wi-fi is constantly restarting, it works for a while and then disconnects and reconnects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-restarts/9e0d2594-bda1-47a6-b964-e249c1a0f047
  10. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: hello, My laptop drops connection with my wi-fi network and all available wi-fi networks disappear from the list. After 1 minute, networks that disappeared reappears, but doesn't connect automatically to my network (connect automatically is checked). This happens every 30...