Windows 10: Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; wi- fi not secure in windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BonnieThorberg, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10

wi- fi not secure in windows 10

:)

BonnieThorberg, Feb 8, 2021
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Feb 8, 2021
  4. lacrumb Win User

Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10

Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10?

When you click on the Wi-Fi icon on the taskbar and the list of networks comes up does your network show as Secured?

lacrumb, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10

1. Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10 - Similar Threads - network secure

2. No internet, secured. Local network only problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, secured. Local network only problem: I tried everything on this forum. I still have internet connection problem.Window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-secured-local-network-only-problem/98c712e6-4050-428c-b307-857dbb87512e
  3. No internet, secured. Local network only problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet, secured. Local network only problem: I tried everything on this forum. I still have internet connection problem.Window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-secured-local-network-only-problem/98c712e6-4050-428c-b307-857dbb87512e
  4. unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network: Hi All I have a AMD Ryzen Laptop with an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter. It appears that I am unable to connect to WiFi networks secured with "WPA2-PSK AES" authentication. I am 99% certain the issue is not an adapter hardware fault, since:WPA3-PSK networks work fineOpen Wifi no...
  5. unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network

unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network: Hi All I have a AMD Ryzen Laptop with an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter. It appears that I am unable to connect to WiFi networks secured with "WPA2-PSK AES" authentication. I am 99% certain the issue is not an adapter hardware fault, since:WPA3-PSK networks work fineOpen Wifi no...
  6. Network security key isn't correct. Windows 11 pro issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network security key isn't correct. Windows 11 pro issue: Hello,I've been fixing my wifi 5G connection for months now and I am really frustrated now because it's a dead-end again for me. I gave up on this like a month ago and I am slightly contented with the 2.4G connection. It's weird that I can connect to the 2.4ghz without a...
  7. Network security key isn't correct. Windows 11 pro issue

Network security key isn't correct. Windows 11 pro issue: Hello,I've been fixing my wifi 5G connection for months now and I am really frustrated now because it's a dead-end again for me. I gave up on this like a month ago and I am slightly contented with the 2.4G connection. It's weird that I can connect to the 2.4ghz without a...
  8. NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password: Windows 10Cannot login to my network and can't view my password.My attempt ....Control panelNetwork/InternetView and Sharing CenterClick on NetworkWi-Fi stats boxWireless propertiesBUT NO SECURITY TAB.please help.What am I doing wrong or not doing right?Thank you very much...
  9. NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password

NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password: Windows 10Cannot login to my network and can't view my password.My attempt ....Control panelNetwork/InternetView and Sharing CenterClick on NetworkWi-Fi stats boxWireless propertiesBUT NO SECURITY TAB.please help.What am I doing wrong or not doing right?Thank you very much...
  10. NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing