Windows 10: wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10

Discus and support wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10, please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nima K., Sep 15, 2020.

1. Nima K. Win User

wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10

wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10, please help.

:)

Nima K., Sep 15, 2020

2. Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

I have run into some confusion. I thought it was a given that all new pre-built desktop and laptop PC's would have built in Wi-Fi. However, after during some research online, some sources said some PC's come with built in Wi-Fi and some don't. So let's say
    I went on Amazon and bought a new PC. I hooked it up to a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and speakers. When I got to the setup screen where it asked to connect to Wi-Fi, would I see networks availible and be able to connect? Or would I have to use an Ethernet connection?

In short, my question is: Do modern desktop PC's have Wi-Fi integrated or not?

CharlieWard1, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10 - Similar Threads - available built instaling

2. Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation: Hi everyone, I'm looking for a guide or a tutorial, but a very exhaustive one, which covers the issue about wi-fi after a clean installation of windows 10. I hope someone can tell me where to search in this forum, or better answer this thread. The following are the steps of...
  3. Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation: Hi everyone, I'm looking for a guide or a tutorial, but a very exhaustive one, which covers the issue about wi-fi after a clean installation of windows 10. I hope someone can tell me where to search in this forum, or better answer this thread. The following are the steps of...
  4. List of available wi-fi networks

List of available wi-fi networks: Recently had cable internet installed. Previous to that we had internet through the phone company...all products worked fine AS LONG AS THE INTERNET WASN'T DOWN. After cable was installed: tablet, Ipad, GoogleHome, 3 TVs, all see and use new wifi network. Laptop running...
  5. No Wi-Fi option available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Wi-Fi option available: I just built a new pc and installed windows 10 on it and when I try to connect to the internet there is no option for wifi, only ethernet, vpn and others, any way to be able to connect to wifi? submitted by /u/BamboozledHexa [link] [comments]...
  6. Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?: I have run into some confusion. I thought it was a given that all new pre-built desktop and laptop PC's would have built in Wi-Fi. However, after during some research online, some sources said some PC's come with built in Wi-Fi and some don't. So let's say I went on Amazon...
  7. Win 10 Wi-Fi not working

Win 10 Wi-Fi not working: My HP Pavilion 17 has only been connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. In the past week every time I start the laptop it only displays the Ethernet option. Troubleshooter only reads "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken". The only way I can even find...
  8. Wi fi keeps disconnecting after activation of win 10

Wi fi keeps disconnecting after activation of win 10: Hi, After upgrading my OS to windows 10, its making headache with wifi. My Thinkpad T410 gets disconnecting frequently from the wifi network and does not reconnect automatically. Also not getting reconnected manually for a few minutes. After that reconnects. Old OS was...
  9. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available: I have an brand new Lenovo Yoga 920. Picked it up yesterday and it was working perfectly except after a restart this afternoon where it shows "Not connected - No connections are available." When I go to Network and Internet settings, there is no Wi-Fi option to the left under...
  10. Wi-fi option is not available?

Wi-fi option is not available?: Wi-fi option is not available in my windows 10 pro so what can i do to bring Wi-fi option? 55679