Windows 10: Wi-Fi not available problem on tablet after upgrade to W10 build 10586

Discus and support Wi-Fi not available problem on tablet after upgrade to W10 build 10586 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Chuwi Hi8 tablet. Yesterday I upgraded the preinstalled Windows 10 RTM to the latest build 10586.104 and got the well-known Wi-Fi Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wisekat, Feb 16, 2016.

1. wisekat Win User

Wi-Fi not available problem on tablet after upgrade to W10 build 10586

I have a Chuwi Hi8 tablet. Yesterday I upgraded the preinstalled Windows 10 RTM to the latest build 10586.104 and got the well-known Wi-Fi Not Available problem. I tried the recipes from this article and what I found in other Internet resources, but nothing helped. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

P.S. When I open the Device Manager, I see no problems with the installed hardware. Windows reports that all drivers are installed and work correctly. The same concerns the Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter.

P.P.S. The website of the device (http://en.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Hi8-pro.html) does not help a lot. They do not provide a driver package I can use to reinstall the drivers. I even can't register on their forum to request the driver pack.

:)

wisekat, Feb 16, 2016
  2. przezyc Win User

November Update is not available after Windows 10 refresh from clonezilla image

Hi all,

I searched a lot but have no opportunity to find something similar to my problem.

And here's the story, on my Samsung Rf 511 S07 after upgrade to 10586 had some issues with Wi-Fi, drivers update was not solution.

Decided to refresh Windows using clonezilla image created right after upgrade to Windows 10 (10240) so from a early August. I have Wi-Fi back but can't see Thershold2 upgrade in Windows Update.

Read that this service pack will be available 31 days after upgrade to W10, is it also applies to my case ?

I heard that users uninstalling November Update have to download it manually, from where if it's true?

przezyc, Feb 16, 2016
  3. After Win10 Upgrade No SSIDs are listed Even Broadcast SSIDs

Has anyone seen this problem: after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 no SSIDs show in Wi-Fi. For example, my router broadcasts its SSID but it does not appear in the Wi-Fi Access Point list. Note this does not seem to be a signal strength problem
    as the laptop can be 3 feet from the router and the SSID does not show. My android tablet has no problem seeing a list of SSIDs. After powering-on the laptop frequently the status of Wi-Fi is "not available". But sometimes it is.

Note that before the upgrade to Win 10 there were no problems with connecting and maintaining Wi-Fi connections. After the Win10 upgrade Wi-Fi performance has been intermittent..

Nothing shows unless it is added manually. For example, I have been able to manually add my router which uses WPA2-Personal security. But the local open SSID for the library does not show and even after adding it manually will not connect.

I have run sfc.exe. I have uninstalled with deletion the drivers for the Wi-Fi adapter. I then let Win10 find the hardware and install the driver. This was done with an Ethernet connection to the internet. I have not upgraded to Build 10586.

I have an 11g/n USB adapter. I plug that into a USB slot and it finds a list of available SSIDs. I can connect to any of them which are open or when I have the password.

Has anyone seen a problem like this? Is there some cache or registry key that needs to be cleared or updated? Going back to Windows 8.1 is not an option as the upgrade was more than 30 days ago. I also do not want to go back to 8.1. Except for this Wi-Fi
    problem on the laptop I like Win10.

Steve

Tigerg2000, Feb 16, 2016
  4. wisekat Win User

I've solved this puzzle. When I was searching for a solution a couple of days ago, I saw that reinstalling the Wi-Fi adapter driver helped some people to solve this problem. I had a custom pack of the Chuwi tablet drivers (I had found them earlier on their support forum here: Driver download HI8 PRO - General - Chuwi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com). However, reinstalling the driver did not help me two days ago.

Today I analyzed the installation .inf file for the Wi-FI driver and saw that it should create special registry keys with driver settings, etc. I supposed that the required registry keys were not created when I reinstalled the driver the previous time and I decided to reinstall the driver again - but now checking the option "Delete the driver software for this device" in the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog.

And it helped!! The Wi-Fi driver started to work immediately after doing this.

wisekat, Feb 17, 2016
  5. wendigo Win User
    Hi, I have same problem but Wifi not works. After uninstalling the driver (checking the deleting option) and installing the new driver and reboot (or not), after this process, "sometimes" the wifi adapter connect to my ssid but after 1-3' everything is wrong and the wifi adapter doesn't work anymore.

Could you explain me the steps you follow to resolve this issue, please? I am crazy with it *Sad

THANKS in advance.

wendigo, Jun 15, 2016
  6. wisekat Win User
    As I write, I did nothing special. Just removed the drivers completely using that checkbox.

wisekat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi not available problem on tablet after upgrade to W10 build 10586 - Similar Threads - available problem tablet

2. Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi problem: I have a asus gaming laptop and I’ve ran so many trouble shoots and yet I still can’t find my Wi-Fi that I pay for but I can see all the other Wi-Fi’s around me what should I do...
  3. Wi-Fi Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Problem: Hello, I have a strange problem, which is that the Wi-Fi stops working automatically and in order to be able to turn it on again I have to restart the computer or disable the wireless device and turn it on again or turn on the troubleshooting feature, but these solutions are...
  4. Problem with the Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the Wi-Fi: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve this problemplease help me to install proper driver for wifi [Original Title: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve...
  5. Wi-Fi Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Problems: My Wi-Fi has changed to Wi-Fi 2 since yesterday and has not shown any available networks I have deleted all the ghost devices and even configured the Wi-Fi still yet no improvement please assist me am so frustrated right now...
  6. No Wi-Fi option available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Wi-Fi option available: I just built a new pc and installed windows 10 on it and when I try to connect to the internet there is no option for wifi, only ethernet, vpn and others, any way to be able to connect to wifi? submitted by /u/BamboozledHexa [link] [comments]...
  7. problem with wi fi

problem with wi fi: WI-FI not connected after the update, I tried all the suggestions I could find on the Internet to solve it. It works very well with the cable connected to Ethernet, the only problem is the WI-FI connection, at some point I have a limited connection, also the WI-FI button does...
  8. Wi-fi option is not available?

Wi-fi option is not available?: Wi-fi option is not available in my windows 10 pro so what can i do to bring Wi-fi option? 55679
  9. Installation Problem (BUILD 10586)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Problem (BUILD 10586): Hi...I am on windows 10 home edition ... yesterday i download build 10586 .iso directly from microsoft site since i am unable to download it from windows update...first i try to make it bootable to flash drive using rufus and ran "setup.exe" file but installation disappears...
  10. Upgrade to build 10586 fails at 32%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to build 10586 fails at 32%: I am trying to upgrade from windows 10 free upgrade to build 10586 (x64 pro) and it stalls at the same point whether the upgrade is from windows update or an ISO file on dvd. I select the first option to keep existing files and apps. But it stalls at 32% . Installing features...