Windows 10: Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

/u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Marivel Man, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - connecting

2. Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?: My pc wont stay connected to my internet. Every time I've tried to troubleshoot or test the network it's completely fine and say it's working perfectly but the longer the computer stays on the more it continues to lose connection until it says it can't connect to website...
  3. Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?: My pc wont stay connected to my internet. Every time I've tried to troubleshoot or test the network it's completely fine and say it's working perfectly but the longer the computer stays on the more it continues to lose connection until it says it can't connect to website...
  4. Can not connect with WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not connect with WiFi.: Hello. I am using a HP Notebook 17-y054sa And everytime I try connecting to my WiFi it says unable to connect to this network my phone and game consoles have no problem with the WiFi. When I use the Ethernet cable it keep disconnecting and connecting again making it...
  5. Can not connect with WiFi.

Can not connect with WiFi.: Hello. I am using a HP Notebook 17-y054sa And everytime I try connecting to my WiFi it says unable to connect to this network my phone and game consoles have no problem with the WiFi. When I use the Ethernet cable it keep disconnecting and connecting again making it...
  6. Can not connect with WiFi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Connecting to applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to applications: Is anyone else suddenly having difficulty connecting to their applications when plugging their laptops into a monitor. I'm suddenly not able to access apps like Teams and my Excel has gotten all buggy. I'm having the same issue on multiple different docks. Please advise....
  8. Connecting to applications

Connecting to applications: Is anyone else suddenly having difficulty connecting to their applications when plugging their laptops into a monitor. I'm suddenly not able to access apps like Teams and my Excel has gotten all buggy. I'm having the same issue on multiple different docks. Please advise....
  9. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f
  10. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f