Windows 10: Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020 at 5:32 AM.

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

/u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020 at 5:32 AM
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

4. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Thema:

Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - connecting

2. Bluetooth stuttering or high latency issues when more than 1-2 devices are connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth stuttering or high latency issues when more than 1-2 devices are connected: Basically I have 3 devices I would like to connect to my laptop via Bluetooth, which are: Mouse Wacom tablet Headset I have never been able to connect all these without noticing either some sort of input lag (So mouse pointer being more or less half a second behind to any...
  3. printui.exe problem, unable to connect printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    printui.exe problem, unable to connect printer: I cannot add my brother printer to the list of printers on my laptop anymore. I have previously connected this printer and it worked smoothly until I decided to change my wifi password. i have logged in to my new wifi with the laptop and the printer, however the printer did...
  4. Mobile Phone connected via USB is disconnecting when playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile Phone connected via USB is disconnecting when playing games.: what's causing this ? my mobile phone connected on my PC via USB keeps disconnecting everytime i run a game and only reconnects when i quit the game to windows. i did every solution i found all over the internet and none of them works. things i have done: -Uninstalled...
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Keyboard Won't Connect

Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Keyboard Won't Connect: My Sculp mouse is connecting fine. Can't get keyboard to connect. Batteries are fine and keys aren't stuck. Tried on multiple computers. * Moved from Mobile Devices * OS not specified...
  6. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  7. Help Connecting To Wireless Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Connecting To Wireless Internet: Whenever I hit the lil network bar, it doesnt show networks. It doesnt show any when i ask it to search for networks. When i run a diagnostic its about a ethernet cable and not wireless, every other device connected to my internet works fine. My computer was working fine and...
  8. Win10, can't login: Error message:"the number of connections to this computer is limited...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10, can't login: Error message:"the number of connections to this computer is limited...: Hi, When trying to log in to a WIN 10 PC which serves as an HMI for a machine I get the message "The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use right now. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Version 1607. The issue occurred yesterday after...
  9. It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet.: When I try to log into a Microsoft application, Microsoft Store, for example, I get a pop-up that says "You will need the Internet for this" with error code 0x800704cf. I have an internet connection this only happens when I try to log into a Microsoft account in a Microsoft...
  10. At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!: Hello all, My wife's laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5755 (service tag 848Z9G2) running W10 Home, suddenly will not connect to the internet. It will connect to our home WiFi network without any problems but no further. I can connect a cable from the router and get internet access...