Windows 10: Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

/u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Marivel Man, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - connecting

2. Latest Windows Security update blocking net connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Security update blocking net connection: The latest security update has resulted in a very frustrating error. While the internet is connected any time I try to load a website or a video game using the internet I have to reload 2-6 times before the connection succeeds. If it's a website it will spend a minute...
  3. How to enable network connections service on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable network connections service on Win10: Hello, I am running Windows 10 (version 1909) on MSI B450 tomahawk with Ryzen 2600 and I am unable to connect to the internet via WiFi. I know this motherboard does not have an inbuilt Wi-Fi card, so I have attached an external USB WiFi dongle ( TP-link Archer T2U). The USB...
  4. [HELP/Support] Windows 10 wifi connection getting interrupted when playing any sort of...

[HELP/Support] Windows 10 wifi connection getting interrupted when playing any sort of...: Hello! As stated in the title... Ive been having an issue lately since I upgraded my internet where everything works perfectly fine when im browsing, watching videos, downloading, and chatting on discord. But the second I boot up a game that needs to connect to an online...
  5. Internet connection does not work

Internet connection does not work: Recently I’ve been having problems with my network access. When I log into my account after restarting I have network access for a few seconds, then it cuts off. When I try to troubleshoot it, it says problem with network adapter or access point and the default gateway is not...
  6. Cannot detect or connect my 2nd monitor. Had no issues with my old monitor as my secondary...

Cannot detect or connect my 2nd monitor. Had no issues with my old monitor as my secondary...: Main Monitor - MSI OPTIX G27C2 2nd Monitor (Dual) - ACER SB220Q Old 2nd Monitor (Replaced with ^) - LG L1900J My MSI is hooked up with DP connection and my old LG was hooked up with DVI. When I received my new ACER monitor I tried connecting my my MSI with HDMI as I had a...
  7. Unable to connect to shared printer

Unable to connect to shared printer: I have posted this problem before and have not cured it yet. I have two Windows 10 PCs on a local network that used to share printers on the old Homegroup arrangement. Both PCs have printers setup to be shared. Both PCs are on version 20H2 now. Lets call them PC A and PC B...
  8. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server

Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server: A while ago (probably over 6 months now) I started getting the error in the first image when trying to RDP into my home server (literally just a pc with a bunch of HDD's and no peripherals). At the time I tried lookting for a fix, found nothing and switched to the UWP Remote...
  9. I can't connect to my ATT internet on one of my laptops. The other lap top connects fine.

I can't connect to my ATT internet on one of my laptops. The other lap top connects fine.: I can't connect to my ATT internet on one of my laptops. troubleshooting tells me there might be a problem with the drive3r for the wifi adapter. Can a expert call me and help with this?...
  10. Obtaining Password from a swapped internet connection.

Obtaining Password from a swapped internet connection.: I once had an internet connection that was full on wireless, and I could see what the connection's password was just fine. Nowadays, though, I've swapped to an Ethernet connection. The problem is that I want to access the Ethernet management site, but I don't know the...