Windows 10: Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

/u/Mc_King_95, Nov 22, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

Marivel Man, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

1. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - connecting

2. Problems with my laptop. Internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with my laptop. Internet connection: Hello, I am experiencing an annoying issue with my laptop. I accidentally had to turn off something in settings. My laptop doesn't show me the internet connection icon. I have to connect to the internet manually. Also, every microsoft service for example xbox, microsoft edge,...
  3. [TECH ISSUE] PC won’t connect to my home internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [TECH ISSUE] PC won’t connect to my home internet: My Lenovo Ideapad S340 has been having this problem where it can detect my house’s Spectrum WiFi but can’t actually connect. Originally this happened about once a week and resetting the router was a temporary fix, but it always came back several days later. Now it won’t...
  4. How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?: I have a Dell Precision 5510 with a 512 GB SSD. I have ordered a new 1 TB SSD from Dell, on which I want to clone my 512 GB drive. I'm using EaseUS software for the cloning operation. I've contacted Dell and made sure I have the correct SSD on order. I have never done this...
  5. Cannot connect to internet

Cannot connect to internet: I recently reset my Pc and my settings have gone with it. My wifi adapter that was working is now not. I copied over the drivers so that wouldnt be an issue. I cannot find a fix for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated submitted by /u/takitaki555 [link] [comments]...
  6. Network connection issues on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2

Network connection issues on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: I'll try and explain this as best I can. Hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. What I'm working with: Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (Love it) Windows 10 Home ISP - RCN with Arris high speed modem/router but the router part is disabled because its connected to an Eero and...
  7. PC connected to the internet, but still getting the sign on error message, "Your PC is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC connected to the internet, but still getting the sign on error message, "Your PC is...: I have tried holding shift and restarting to enter through safe mode and it just boots normally. I have gone through every password i think I've ever used on this PC and none of them work. Microsoft has literally made my Surface Pro a brick with this issue. Any help would be...
  8. Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue.

Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue.: [ATTACH] Hi. I hope someone can help me with my HDR connection issue. I just bought a new tv, Samsung Q80T, which I have connected to my laptop with an HDMI cable. The problem is that I can not get the HDR activated on the tv and I will try to explain below where I am...
  9. Problem connecting Windows 10 pro to Windows 98

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem connecting Windows 10 pro to Windows 98: During many years of use, I have been able to connect my Windows 10 pro computer to Windows 98 computer using Windows Explorer. In the last few weeks, I can't connect anymore. I used to be able to connect through a Netgear 7000 router by wireless and also by Ethernet, neither...
  10. XBox Series X controller will not connect via USB - device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Series X controller will not connect via USB - device not recognised: Hi, I bought a new Xbox series S/X controller and have connected it to my Windows 10 PC up to date running 20H2 and am having problems: Connection via USB - I get the following error message, and cannot for the life of me find a driver download: [ATTACH] I've...