Windows 10: Wi-Fi not found on windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi not found on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am completely computer illiterate due to old age. A friend used my computer and suddenly the Wi-Fi has disapeared. It is working on all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snowfun84, Sep 4, 2018.

1. snowfun84 Win User

Wi-Fi not found on windows 10

Hi. I am completely computer illiterate due to old age. A friend used my computer and suddenly the Wi-Fi has disapeared. It is working on all other devices in the home but all my computer on windows 10 says is that an ethernet cable is unplugged. Cant even find the Wi-Fi on the pc. Please help....

:)

snowfun84, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Wi-Fi not found on windows 10

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi not found on windows 10

1. Wi-Fi not found on windows 10 - Similar Threads - found

2. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  3. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  4. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works: I have updated several drivers suggested on the Dell Support site, including audio drivers. After these updates, no audio output/input device shows. Audio only works with AirPods. I have tried every possible "fix," and none are working.I discovered that the "Realtek Audio...
  6. Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works

Issue of "No audio output/input devices found"; no solutions on the internet works: I have updated several drivers suggested on the Dell Support site, including audio drivers. After these updates, no audio output/input device shows. Audio only works with AirPods. I have tried every possible "fix," and none are working.I discovered that the "Realtek Audio...
  7. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  8. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  9. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD WD SA510 2.5 500gb and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen...