Windows 10: Wi-Fi not working after network reset on Windows 10 1803

Discus and support Wi-Fi not working after network reset on Windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To fix a network issue I tried 'Network Reset' option. But since the device restarted, Wi-Fi option is completely missing from the wireless/network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SohamDhole, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Wi-Fi not working after network reset on Windows 10 1803

To fix a network issue I tried 'Network Reset' option. But since the device restarted, Wi-Fi option is completely missing from the wireless/network settings menu. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for network card, restarted the pc several times but no luck. In device manager I'm getting a warning icon infront of entry for network card. Please help.

:)

SohamDhole, Aug 4, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Wi-Fi not working after network reset on Windows 10 1803

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi not working after network reset on Windows 10 1803

1. Wi-Fi not working after network reset on Windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - working network reset

2. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  3. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  4. Can’t locate wi-fi after resetting windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t locate wi-fi after resetting windows 10.: Hi there, could I kindly ask for some help. I reset my computer and I cannot locate any wi-fi settings just Ethernet. It’s driving me crazy. My wifi worked fine before the reset, now it’s vanished. Please kindly offer some solutionsKind regards sandra...
  5. Can’t locate wi-fi after resetting windows 10.

Can’t locate wi-fi after resetting windows 10.: Hi there, could I kindly ask for some help. I reset my computer and I cannot locate any wi-fi settings just Ethernet. It’s driving me crazy. My wifi worked fine before the reset, now it’s vanished. Please kindly offer some solutionsKind regards sandra...
  6. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  7. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  8. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

9. Wi fi 5G network not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi fi 5G network not working: I want to use 5G wifi networkAirtelxtream fibre in my sony laptop but sometimes it showing Weak signal or no signalnot showing network name. Device manager - 802.1 mode is also enabled please helpWhen i use mobile hotspot .my laptop is Working properly network....
  10. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset: So I've been having a lot of issues with my laptops network connection ever since I bought it about six months ago. It is an MSI I7 9750H but I am not sure of the exact model. To start whenever I would startup a game and get to about 20 seconds of active use, it would boot me...