Windows 10: Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

Discus and support Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After automatic Windows 10 update my Wi-Fi stops working and I have to spend a lot of time to adjust Wi-Fi connection. I tried to turn off the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattVolden, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

After automatic Windows 10 update my Wi-Fi stops working and I have to spend a lot of time to adjust Wi-Fi connection. I tried to turn off the power and turn on it again. I use USB Wi-Fi connector, my PC is old and doesn’t have a built-in Wi-Fi. I have to pull it out and plug in again

:)

MattVolden, Mar 15, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

1. Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - problem automatic update

2. No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10: we have had to reinstall windows 10 and find that wi fi will not connect to router, we cannot find any information in the help / diagnosis sections on how to get the wi fi back. Obviously we can gain access to the internet via a hard wire from the router but this restricts...
  3. No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10: we have had to reinstall windows 10 and find that wi fi will not connect to router, we cannot find any information in the help / diagnosis sections on how to get the wi fi back. Obviously we can gain access to the internet via a hard wire from the router but this restricts...
  4. After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the update, the Wi-Fi disappeared: Hello! After your system update, driver updates automatically loaded onto my computer's chipset. Now I have a lost Wi-Fi network. It is treated only by a rollback of the system. I noticed a driver bug even more than six months ago, and so I manually disconnected updates from...
  5. Wi-Fi disconnected automatically

Wi-Fi disconnected automatically: I have 2 Wi-Fi adapters which is bridged, then I was struggling about it. The 2nd Wi-Fi adaptor is disconnected from the Wi-Fi. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnected-automatically/ea62eb19-ae58-4f59-8b7e-fc983c174eb3
  6. Wi-Fi issue after update - Windows 10

Wi-Fi issue after update - Windows 10: I turned off all the updates in your f...ng windows 10. But, nevertheless, this **** is updated whenever it wants. And today I lost my Wi-Fi connection after the update. Do you know the question? What the hell did I pay for buying your operating system ??? I apologize for...
  7. Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi

Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi: When my PC wakes up, the Wi-Fi connects automatically even though “Connect automatically when in range” is off. This happens even if the PC was disconnected from the Wi-Fi before it went into sleep mode. How can the automatic connection be stopped?...
  8. Constant Wi-fi problems

Constant Wi-fi problems: I have a new desktop purchased less than a month ago and I am experiencing constant problems with my wi-fi. My ISP is utter ****, but these problems are unique to my PC as when they occur my other devices such as my iPad 2 and Android phone remain connected. I am using a...
  9. Windows 10 Wi-Fi Problem

Windows 10 Wi-Fi Problem: Hello i have problem with Wi-Fi it works for some time than it appers no connection i heard this is known problem with OS 10 can you please help me fix this once for all i searched some youtube tutorials it worked for 5 days and now again problem appearing please help 92856
  10. Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically: Every time I started my computer, my wi-fi adapter would connect to the wi-fi network automatically. But now, I have to enter the password and connect manually every time I login to my computer. Even if I check "Connect Automatically" it doesn't help. Tried the following,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spectrum wifi trouble after windows 10 update