Windows 10: Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

Discus and support Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After automatic Windows 10 update my Wi-Fi stops working and I have to spend a lot of time to adjust Wi-Fi connection. I tried to turn off the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattVolden, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

After automatic Windows 10 update my Wi-Fi stops working and I have to spend a lot of time to adjust Wi-Fi connection. I tried to turn off the power and turn on it again. I use USB Wi-Fi connector, my PC is old and doesn’t have a built-in Wi-Fi. I have to pull it out and plug in again

:)

MattVolden, Mar 15, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update

1. Wi-Fi problem after automatic Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - problem automatic update

2. Can't Connect to Wi-Fi After 22h2 Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect to Wi-Fi After 22h2 Automatic Updates: I just bought a new PC and it came with Windows 11 installed. I was able to access the internet just fine the day I received the laptop, then later that night there were automatic Microsoft 22h2 installs and now I can't connect to my wi-fi. I have spent over 10 hours looking...
  3. Can't Connect to Wi-Fi After 22h2 Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect to Wi-Fi After 22h2 Automatic Updates: I just bought a new PC and it came with Windows 11 installed. I was able to access the internet just fine the day I received the laptop, then later that night there were automatic Microsoft 22h2 installs and now I can't connect to my wi-fi. I have spent over 10 hours looking...
  4. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  5. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  6. Windows 10 Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Wi-Fi problem: How do I fix my Wi-Fi getting disconnected on Windows 10 submitted by /u/itsgameboyplay_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7pvos/windows_10_wifi_problem/
  7. Wi-fi problems after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi problems after Win10 update: I am able to connect to the wi-fi router but it gives me the following message "no internet, secured". Internet works fine when ethernet cable is plugged in and cell phone also has connects to same router and has internet via wi-fi. The router is part of cable company's...
  8. Problem with Wi-fi connection after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Wi-fi connection after updating Windows 10: Hi, I have very strange problem with connection. When i connect to my router it either shows no internet, connection or i has internet but ping i wild af. When i connect to other wi -fi(tethering by my phone) there is no problem. i tried reseting router and didn't work pls...
  9. Wi-Fi problems after windows update

Wi-Fi problems after windows update: I have an old Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi card that has been having issues. After an update a couple of days ago, whenever I connect to my second router, which I am working on getting client mode on it via DD-WRT, via Ethernet and go to the config page, my drivers just break. I...
  10. Windows 10 Wi-Fi Problem

Windows 10 Wi-Fi Problem: Hello i have problem with Wi-Fi it works for some time than it appers no connection i heard this is known problem with OS 10 can you please help me fix this once for all i searched some youtube tutorials it worked for 5 days and now again problem appearing please help 92856

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spectrum wifi trouble after windows 10 update