Windows 10: Wi-fi problems after Win10 update

Discus and support Wi-fi problems after Win10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am able to connect to the wi-fi router but it gives me the following message "no internet, secured". Internet works fine when ethernet cable is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rockin Randy, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Wi-fi problems after Win10 update

I am able to connect to the wi-fi router but it gives me the following message "no internet, secured". Internet works fine when ethernet cable is plugged in and cell phone also has connects to same router and has internet via wi-fi.

The router is part of cable company's all-in-one internet, TV, wiFi..it is a Qualcomm Atheros AR956 wireless network adapter.

So, I'm only able to use my laptop for internet in the house when it is connected to ethernet....can't move to another room with wifi...please help free me!

:)

Rockin Randy, Apr 11, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Apr 11, 2020
  4. allant51 Win User

Wi-fi problems after Win10 update

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Wi-fi problems after Win10 update

1. Wi-fi problems after Win10 update - Similar Threads - problems Win10 update

2. Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi problem: I have a asus gaming laptop and I’ve ran so many trouble shoots and yet I still can’t find my Wi-Fi that I pay for but I can see all the other Wi-Fi’s around me what should I do...
  3. Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi problem: I have a asus gaming laptop and I’ve ran so many trouble shoots and yet I still can’t find my Wi-Fi that I pay for but I can see all the other Wi-Fi’s around me what should I do...
  4. Wi-Fi Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Problem: Hello, I have a strange problem, which is that the Wi-Fi stops working automatically and in order to be able to turn it on again I have to restart the computer or disable the wireless device and turn it on again or turn on the troubleshooting feature, but these solutions are...
  5. Problem with the Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the Wi-Fi: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve this problemplease help me to install proper driver for wifi [Original Title: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve...
  6. Wi-Fi Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Problems: My Wi-Fi has changed to Wi-Fi 2 since yesterday and has not shown any available networks I have deleted all the ghost devices and even configured the Wi-Fi still yet no improvement please assist me am so frustrated right now...
  7. Frequent Wi-Fi problems only on win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent Wi-Fi problems only on win10: Like every 10-30 minutes I get dns error(or no internet connection error or site can't be reached) on Chrome that lasts for like couple minutes or until I manually reconnect. It's a new laptop with fresh install of win10 home and I updated both win10 and chrome to latest...
  8. problem with wi fi

problem with wi fi: WI-FI not connected after the update, I tried all the suggestions I could find on the Internet to solve it. It works very well with the cable connected to Ethernet, the only problem is the WI-FI connection, at some point I have a limited connection, also the WI-FI button does...
  9. Win10 Wi-Fi issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Wi-Fi issues.: I was using 1903 and my Wi-Fi started behaving strange, some sites were loading normally while some sites refused to go past TLS handshake. I reinstalled the OS, still the issue persisted. Upgraded to 1909, same issue. If I tether my android phone then it works flawlessly....
  10. Wi-Fi problems after windows update

Wi-Fi problems after windows update: I have an old Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi card that has been having issues. After an update a couple of days ago, whenever I connect to my second router, which I am working on getting client mode on it via DD-WRT, via Ethernet and go to the config page, my drivers just break. I...