Windows 10: Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

Discus and support Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Over the last several months up to possibly a year, my PC’s wi-fi connection has steadily gotten worse and worse. I went from having a fairly stable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwaway02072021, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

Over the last several months up to possibly a year, my PC’s wi-fi connection has steadily gotten worse and worse. I went from having a fairly stable connection just about every session to not being able to connect to the Internet without having to restart or turn off and then turn back on my PC anytime the connection dropped during a session to now not even being able to connect at all as of this morning.

For the last hour, I’ve reset my PC five times, reset just about every connection setting possible, reset the adapter itself, tried enabling/disabling every device that would be affected and even unplugged/plugged back in the physical adapter but nothing is working. The PC itself is only about a year-and-a-half old and the router is just a couple months old and much better than the cheap one we had before all this. The network drivers and OS are all completely up to date. Every other device in our house works perfectly fine except for my PC, including my phone that I posted this from. I highly doubt it’s an issue with the wi-fi adapter because they’re supposed to last for years and this one has only been used as long as my PC has been around. Sadly, ethernet isn’t an option so I have to use wi-fi.

submitted by /u/throwaway02072021
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwaway02072021, Mar 29, 2021

2. progressively worse bsods after working fine for 6 months.

Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

when i try to upload picture sometimes it gives me an error here say its not a valid image. so ive put them in the folder disk check on the onedrive.

- - - Updated - - -

just added folder chkdsk log to onedrive. i ran it for c drive, do you want me to run it for each drive?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

finished steps 24-27. bcmwl63a.sys is no longer on my pc, i got a new wifi card a few weeks ago. and i just updated the GPU to 441.87. although what results do you want from minitool partition?

- - - Updated - - -

just reread youre message to do all drives for chkdsk, they are running now for G F and H

nicklindenmuth, Mar 29, 2021
  3. PC Getting progressively worse

Problems with my PC was tolerable at first, but now has become progressively worse without any causation that is noticeable. Before programs just

freeze it either crashes or become non-responsible where nothing is interactable but "Not Responding message" but now, many symptoms have

popped out of nowhere.

During the initial experience of the problematic behaviours, I was convinced that I had to reinstall windows and wipe my C drive to fix it, unfortunately after the wipe it had no effect and has now become progressively worse. I already performed a clean
    on the PC which still had no effect.

Now, whole windows become non responsive including from trying to use file explorer to running exes but no response or takes 10 minutes to pop up. Frequent problems that I encounter from regularly using Chrome is becoming "Non responsive" spontaneously.
    When it comes to restarting my pc, no response happen and if I get lucky it does restart but takes a long time to almost HDD speed even though I have an SSD which forces me to physically press restart which is faster but more damaging.

There are more problems that I have but forgot what they are. These ones are the most frequent ones that happen every 10-20 minutes. The non-responsive can last from 5 seconds to 3 minutes.

I have a 2nd monitor that shows cpu, memory, gpu usage and a clock. however it helps to indicate if the pc whether it crashes temporarily or fully, sometimes they fully stop which means the whole PC crashes and have to physically restart.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080

Motherboard: B150M-E PRO

Windows 10 Enterprise

DampPotato, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

progressively worse bsods after working fine for 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

nicklindenmuth, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

1. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse - Similar Threads - progressively getting worse

2. update getting worse 0x80240034

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update getting worse 0x80240034: Last update didnt work and I have error 0x80240034. Run troubleshooter didnt help at all and didnt fix anything. Restart the PC multiple times and it seems that it still not working since I keep getting that error. How to win with this error and I need my PC updated. I run...
  3. update getting worse 0x80240034

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update getting worse 0x80240034: Last update didnt work and I have error 0x80240034. Run troubleshooter didnt help at all and didnt fix anything. Restart the PC multiple times and it seems that it still not working since I keep getting that error. How to win with this error and I need my PC updated. I run...
  4. update getting worse 0x80240034

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?: How i see it..Over time, to me it seems Windows os has become less and less of an operating system and progressively more into just a bundled collection of many things that you dont really need, never wanted and are stuck with clogging up your system adding additional...
  6. Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol: Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-true-that-windows-getting-worse-and-worse/021ce365-52b9-4239-a05a-ca1ac587fb82
  7. Windows laptop getting worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows laptop getting worse: On my friends girlfriends laptop (some surface laptop) I was doing homebrew stuff for his wii. Everything was fine until the next day they told me the main drive had a padlock with a yellow triangle. It progressed to the desktop missing to not being able to boot the os. What...
  8. PC Getting progressively worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Getting progressively worse: Problems with my PC was tolerable at first, but now has become progressively worse without any causation that is noticeable. Before programs just freeze it either crashes or become non-responsible where nothing is interactable but "Not Responding message" but now, many...
  9. Bluetooth speaker functionality gets progressively worse with each update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker functionality gets progressively worse with each update: Hi! I am using a JBL GO 2 (bluetooth speaker) on my Dell 7520. At first it worked fine but since summer, using it with windows 10 turned into a nightmare. Here is my storyline: Bought bt speaker, paired with W10, works fine. An update later.. When computer wakes up from...
  10. Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling): Hello. Hoping someone can help me. Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've had audio problems. At first the audio quality was terrible (hissing, crackling) so I uninstalled and reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers. This fixed the problem but now I find that the audio...