Windows 10: Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10

Discus and support Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey There! I own a Sony Vaio SVE14A16FN, I am experiencing issues regarding WiFi. My router is 3-4 metres away from me and when I am sitting on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by omkate, May 17, 2019.

1. omkate Win User

Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10

Hey There! I own a Sony Vaio SVE14A16FN, I am experiencing issues regarding WiFi. My router is 3-4 metres away from me and when I am sitting on my couch all my devices except this laptop shows Very Good network range while the laptop can't connect to WiFi due to lack of range. The SSID only appears within 0.5 metres of the router while it is not the case for other devices

What can I do? and there are probablt two modems in my PC- first one is Intel Centrino N-2200 and other one is from Atheros but for some reason the Atheros one is not showing up in Device Manager and instead of that there are 8 other devices(network adapters)..

So what I am trying to say is for some reason my Laptop WiFi is having some range issues! I know it's weird.

Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10 [​IMG] Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10 0768ef7e-e6e5-4a34-8a73-e7ca48297b3a?upload=true.png

***Title modified from WiFi Issues***

:)

omkate, May 17, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, May 17, 2019
  3. Extend home router Wi-Fi range using a laptop with two Wi-Fi devices

I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop which has two Wi-Fi devices, the one that comes with the laptop and a USB Wisacom WS-HP1000 (RTL8187L) which I already had. As my router Wi-Fi range is poor I'm trying to use the laptop to extend the Wi-Fi range all over the house using the laptop as an Access Point but I'm unable to successfully do it.

What I would like is to use the laptop's integrated Wi-Fi interface to connect to the Wi-Fi router and use the USB RTL8187L device to extend the Wi-Fi range. How should I proceed?

user846226, May 17, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - range issues connected

2. Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured: Shows I have “no Wi-Fi, secured” no one else connected is having this issue, it’s fine after I reset the router however but the next time I turn the computer off and back on, the same issue...
  3. Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured: Shows I have “no Wi-Fi, secured” no one else connected is having this issue, it’s fine after I reset the router however but the next time I turn the computer off and back on, the same issue...
  4. Wi-fi issue in connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi issue in connection: I'm having issue with my wifi connection wherein I cannot connect into it, I tried to click the globe icon to connect but it is not showing any option to connect wifi, it's saying that I have issue with my cable connection. Should I change my cable and fix Ethernet to make...
  5. Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues: As I was working, my laptop disconnected from the internet out of nowhere. Now I have tried multiple different Wi-Fi connections, but my computer keeps asking me to sign into windows security. I have never had to do this before, so I have no clue as to what my sign in would...
  6. Laptop WI-FI range reduced

Laptop WI-FI range reduced: I have a DELL Inspiron 5547, before updating it's OS I used to be able to conect to the internet from anywhere in my house my router is currently instaled at my living room, however now, after instaling the latest Windows patch, I can only conect to the internet if my...
  7. Wi-Fi connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi connectivity issues: I have been having issues staying connected to my Wi-Fi for the past few weeks since getting a new computer with a Windows OS. I spend a lot of my time during the day in meetings and streaming videos, so it gets very annoying getting booted from these meetings frequently. I...
  8. Windows 10, Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues

Windows 10, Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues: After upgrading to windows 10 it says I need to turn on wireless things but I don't have a button to do that, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-wi-fi-connectivity-issues/494658c4-10ec-4a27-a20d-3f3e247f3a53
  9. Wi-Fi range issues

Wi-Fi range issues: I have to sit next to my router, otherwise, the speed gets throttled to like 1 KBPS. I have even tried a lot of troubleshooting methods but never had a bit of progress. All of the driver cards are also up-to-date....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues: As the title of the post says, my laptop's Wi-Fi will not turn on. When I hovered over the Wi-Fi button in the corner it said that it was connected to the network but had no internet access, which was a little strange. My dad's tablet is on the same network and his is working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop wifi range problems

2. Asus laptop problems with wifi range