Windows 10: Wi-Fi range issues

Discus and support Wi-Fi range issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have to sit next to my router, otherwise, the speed gets throttled to like 1 KBPS. I have even tried a lot of troubleshooting methods but never had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Imad Aldin, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Wi-Fi range issues

I have to sit next to my router, otherwise, the speed gets throttled to like 1 KBPS. I have even tried a lot of troubleshooting methods but never had a bit of progress. All of the driver cards are also up-to-date.

:)

Imad Aldin, Aug 17, 2018

2. Western Digital Unveils the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender

WD, a subsidiary of Western Digital, and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today's connected life, today unveils its My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender to expand wireless home networks into out-of-reach areas of the home.

Following the introduction of its first line of wireless home networking products, the acclaimed My Net family of HD dual-band routers, the selectable dual-band My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster, stronger and more reliable wireless network coverage to computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, media players, smart TVs and other Wi-Fi connected devices that suffer from a weak Wi-Fi signal within the home.

Wi-Fi range issues wd_my_net_range_extender_01_thm.jpg

"Today's home is filled with multiple Wi-Fi connected devices simultaneously streaming movies, music and TV shows on services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, VUDU and others," explains Scott Vouri, general manager for WD's connected life solutions group. "The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster speeds at greater distances, enabling HD streaming to the outermost areas of the home."

My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender's power comes from its 3x3 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) antenna array design, versus the 2x2 design used by most competitive products. This design enables customers to significantly extend the Wi-Fi signal from their existing routers or gateways, letting them enjoy HD streaming movies, online gaming and video calls in remote areas of the home with the fastest wireless-N speeds possible. The range extender also features a Gigabit Ethernet port, providing a high-speed Internet connection for distant, wired-only entertainment devices.

Setup of the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is a simple two step process, with no installation CD or software needed. Customers can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the range extender to their existing home network with a push of a button. Then they can use the convenient Wi-Fi signal strength indicator lights on the front of the range extender to find the optimal signal-boosting location in their home. Once all the indicator lights are lit, the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is in the best location to provide maximum performance. The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi certified routers and gateways, as well as all wireless Wi-Fi standards, from 802.11a to 802.11ac.

Availability and Pricing
    My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is available now at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $89.99 USD.

Cristian_25H, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Norton Win User
    USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Wi-Fi range issues

Wi-fi issue

Hi Galin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are will surely help you with the issue.

I suggest you to run the below troubleshooter and check.

Run the build-in network troubleshooter

Follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the Network Adapter.

• Click on Next to perform the Network Adapter troubleshooter and follow the steps.
    Note: Refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/wi-fi-sense-faq

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi range issues

1. Wi-Fi range issues - Similar Threads - range issues

2. wifi range issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi range issue: Hello, so i had a keyboard short circuit couple of months back and then i got it fixed but right after that i started facing issues with my wifi. The wifi connections don't show up only. if i'm sitting right next to my router then only it does while the other devices in the...
  3. wifi range issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi range issue: Hello, so i had a keyboard short circuit couple of months back and then i got it fixed but right after that i started facing issues with my wifi. The wifi connections don't show up only. if i'm sitting right next to my router then only it does while the other devices in the...
  4. Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.: This is a constant issue for me during the last month, and I've seen many others online saying the same thing over the last few years. I'm aware of Microsoft's complete and utter negligence of their end-user experience and the problems caused by their software, but I'm hoping...
  5. Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.

Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.: This is a constant issue for me during the last month, and I've seen many others online saying the same thing over the last few years. I'm aware of Microsoft's complete and utter negligence of their end-user experience and the problems caused by their software, but I'm hoping...
  6. Issue with the VBS Script in the SAS GRID as it throwing "Subscript out of range"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the VBS Script in the SAS GRID as it throwing "Subscript out of range": We are migrating a sas scripts from the local environment to SAS GRID environment where inside the SAS we have a VBS script. When we tried to run the VBS SCript file its erroring out says like "Subscript out of range"I was not able to attach the screenshot, kindly send us an...
  7. Issue with the VBS Script in the SAS GRID as it throwing "Subscript out of range"

Issue with the VBS Script in the SAS GRID as it throwing "Subscript out of range": We are migrating a sas scripts from the local environment to SAS GRID environment where inside the SAS we have a VBS script. When we tried to run the VBS SCript file its erroring out says like "Subscript out of range"I was not able to attach the screenshot, kindly send us an...
  8. Bluetooth Speakers range issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speakers range issue: Bluetooth speakers are not properly working even it is within the range. It is working only if we keep it too close like keeping it on laptop.if we slightly move voice is breaking or completely mute.kindly help with a solution....
  9. Bluetooth Speakers range issue

Bluetooth Speakers range issue: Bluetooth speakers are not properly working even it is within the range. It is working only if we keep it too close like keeping it on laptop.if we slightly move voice is breaking or completely mute.kindly help with a solution....
  10. Bluetooth Speakers range issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware