Windows 10: Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow

Discus and support Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my question is that when I open task manager and see the network speed, it is around 10Mbps, but when I open Chrome and load websites; they load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hatim gain, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow

So my question is that

1. when I open task manager and see the network speed, it is around 10Mbps, but when I open Chrome and load websites; they load slowly,
    2. so I run speed tests on websites like fast.com and speedtest.net, the speed stays between 0.5-1Mbps. While these tests are going on I see the task manager and the network Chrome is utilising is up to 6.5 Mbps. when I do the same speed tests on my Mobile Phone the speeds reach up to 9Mbps.[I made sure all the measuring units are the same which is Mbpsmega-bit per second]
    3. I don't get where is the problem because my laptop is barely 3 months old and since I received it network seemed to be slightly slower then it is on my mobile. To be clear my laptop has Wi-Fi 6 and my mobile phone dates back to the stone age jk. The speed difference is barely noticeable but today there is too much difference. Now what I think of it is that the problem is-
    • -maybe in ChromeIDK know what, how or Why, I think this lag is only in chrome but I can't confirm it because I don't use many other applicationsoh yes, Netflix also works better on my mobile phone
    • -in my laptops wifi chipNot very likely but possible.
    • there can be some other reason too of which maybe I am unaware

Can anyone please identify the problem and tell me a solution.

:)

Hatim gain, Mar 16, 2021

2. Slow Wi Fi speed

I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow.

My drivers are updated.

What should I do ?

JacobAbraham1, Mar 16, 2021
  3. WI FI SPEED SLOW DOWN AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10

I have wi-fi router having Ethernet as well as wi-fi port, on LAN internet speed is good i.e. same as win 8.1. But on WI-FI port internet speed is slow down.

I have Macfee Antivirus i.e. came along with Laptop.

NEETHASHIRGAVE, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow

Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Hi,

I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on the three devices that are in the same position in the house I get the
    following :-

[table][tr][td]device [/td][td]download speed [/td][td]upload speed [/td][/tr][tr][td]laptop - Windows 10 [/td][td]74.04 Mbps [/td][td]18.05 Mbps [/td][/tr][tr][td]phone - Android [/td][td]65.9 Mbps [/td][td]18.3 Mbps [/td][/tr][tr][td]PC -Windows 10 [/td][td]11.89 Mbps [/td][td]15.51 Mbps [/td][/tr][/table]

this problem has been ongoing for several weeks now and has been getting worse
    - previously I was getting about half the laptop speeds on my PC . I'm running windows 10 professional on my PC and here are the specifications :-

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    3.40 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Device ID DBFA283E-2CA2-4DE8-805A-2DD39B0BD789

Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA921

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Here are the specifications of the Wi-Fi card :-

↑ Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.1.183 / 24

Gateway: 192.168.1.254

Dhcp Server: 192.168.1.254

Physical Address: 60:57:18:0B:B6:8E

Connection Speed: 195 Mbps

so far I've completed the following all with no result!

• A simple restart
    • disabling and re enabling the Wi-Fi card
    • Flushed DNS via the command prompt
    • manually set DNS settings in properties for the device
    • did a full reinstall of windows
    None of this has worked - I am three floors up from where the router is so Ethernet is not an alternative especially as I also have a problem with TP link powerline plugs that I am trying to resolve separately!

Please can you advise how I can get Wi-Fi on my PC at a similar speed to that I receive on my laptop .

Many thanks

John Martin

JohnCMartin, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow

1. Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow - Similar Threads - receiving speed high

2. Wi-fi speed is slow on High or Ultimate Performance Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi speed is slow on High or Ultimate Performance Power Plan: For some reason, on my MSI GF63 Thin Gaming Laptop OS: Windows 11 Home, the Wi-Fi speed is 0.34Mbps checked via Speedtest on High Performance or Ultimate Performance Power Plans. But when I switched to Balanced Power Plan, the speed becomes normal about 25Mbps. My laptop is a...
  3. Wi-fi speed is slow on High or Ultimate Performance Power Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi speed is slow on High or Ultimate Performance Power Plan: For some reason, on my MSI GF63 Thin Gaming Laptop OS: Windows 11 Home, the Wi-Fi speed is 0.34Mbps checked via Speedtest on High Performance or Ultimate Performance Power Plans. But when I switched to Balanced Power Plan, the speed becomes normal about 25Mbps. My laptop is a...
  4. Slow wifi receive, high wifi speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow wifi receive, high wifi speeds.: I have a very good Wi-Fi speed, yet task manager is saying I'm only receiving like 100 KBPS and games are randomly lagging hard and taking 10 minutes to load, or downloading is randomly slow....
  5. Slow wifi receive, high wifi speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow wifi receive, high wifi speeds.: I have a very good Wi-Fi speed, yet task manager is saying I'm only receiving like 100 KBPS and games are randomly lagging hard and taking 10 minutes to load, or downloading is randomly slow....
  6. Slow wifi receive, high wifi speeds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC: Hi, I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on the three devices that are in the same position in the house I get the following :- device download speed upload...
  8. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset: So I've been having a lot of issues with my laptops network connection ever since I bought it about six months ago. It is an MSI I7 9750H but I am not sure of the exact model. To start whenever I would startup a game and get to about 20 seconds of active use, it would boot me...
  9. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  10. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...