Windows 10: Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM

Discus and support Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , My pc always my hotspot is not secured when I connect my hotspot to my pc. And sometime also shows action needed.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ramswaroopsingh, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM

Hi ,

My pc always my hotspot is not secured when I connect my hotspot to my pc. And sometime also shows action needed. Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM 16f6c36d-858a-4b4d-bc90-741274fe2e20?upload=true.png Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM 37cb96b4-5eb3-4874-a1e4-dd83d411c03a?upload=true.png Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM cf2e3409-6d00-4011-b68c-d33d8e1799c2?upload=true.png

Please see screen shot.

:)

ramswaroopsingh, Jan 11, 2021

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM

problem of WI-FI Password

Hello Nitin:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your Wi-Fi connection issue. Errors like this tend to be related to the phone getting the proper network information or security protocol issues.

There are a couple of things we suggest you do:

• First, power cycle your phone. If you can pull the battery do so for about a minute, replace and reboot the phone. Once you have powered back on, try connecting to the network again.
    • If possible, power cycle the network you are attempting to connect too. This will require you disconnect the router and modem for about 2 minutes and then reboot the devices and try connecting again.
    • Next, try to enter the network details from scratch,
      http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/start/connect-to-a-wi-fi-network
      . Follow the steps to connect to a hidden network.
    • Finally, connect to another Wi-Fi network. If you are able to successfully connect, verify what security is running on this network.
    Please provide us details as to what security protocol is running on the network you are having trouble connecting to.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM

1. Wi-fi RELATED PROBLEM - Similar Threads - RELATED PROBLEM

2. Wi-fi 6 AX201 adapted is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi 6 AX201 adapted is experiencing driver or hardware related problems: I recently bought Acer aspire5 a515-55 intel core i5 and today I couldn't connect to my phones wifi. No networks were showing up so I ran the troubleshooter for the internet connection. This message showed up and i don't know how to fix it. "The IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz...
  3. Facing problem related to network and internet

Facing problem related to network and internet: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The network option is greyed out and I am not even able to open the network and internet tab under settings. I have tried almost all the solutions that are written over here but nothing worked for me. Need urgent help :...
  4. Intel dualband AC 7265 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems .

Intel dualband AC 7265 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems .: Right Intel dualband AC 7265 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems . how do i fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-dualband-ac-7265-adapter-is-experiencing/bc731f6b-97f6-477e-8dba-9ad1f61001a5
  5. Problem With Graphics or Something Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem With Graphics or Something Related: So I have this problem that started out of the blue. Ever since last week maybe, my desktop out of nowhere went black like the background portion, but my cursor and taskbar was functional except that my cursor couldn't bring the right click menu on the desktop portion. Also,...
  6. Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?: I know the title isn't the best, but I wanted to keep it relatively short. Rarely, when I'm working on my computer, my mouse starts jumping around the screen while clicking like a absolute maniac for approximately 10-15 seconds and afterward I can't click anywhere except...
  7. COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?: Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, this is obviously a very technical issue beyond my understanding. Reliability History is showing hundreds of instances of COM Surrogate stopping working. At the same time this happens, I tend to experience general PC slowness,...
  8. Startup Problem - possibly Win 10 related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup Problem - possibly Win 10 related?: Since three days ago, every time I restart (or start from cold) the laptop, I get a black screen with an error text message on a blue background. Looks like something related to BIOS, but I am a bit clueless when it comes to the nitty-gritty of hardware. The error message...
  9. windows activation related problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows activation related problem: I have trobleshooted my activation window but it is not working. It shows try updating windows again and to contact my system administrator. So kindly inform me how to activate my windows....
  10. Will resetting pc fix registry editor related problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will resetting pc fix registry editor related problem?: Will resetting pc help me solving registry editor related problem? Please answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-resetting-pc-fix-registry-editor-related/954308a8-cbf4-4bd7-be8a-e0ab09f50e49