Windows 10: WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update

Discus and support WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Once my PC updated, I cannot view the WI-FI Router's ReadyShare connection listed in the "Computer Section", I mean "Network" and the Networked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by koio20za, Feb 15, 2020.

1. koio20za Win User

WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update

Once my PC updated, I cannot view the WI-FI Router's ReadyShare connection listed in the "Computer Section", I mean "Network" and the Networked Devices connected to my Laptop

:)

koio20za, Feb 15, 2020

2. Networking not showing WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection under Computers

Since installing Windows 10 Version 1903, when I open "Network" to view the Networked Devices connected my Laptop, I can no longer see the WI-FI Router's ReadyShare connection listed in the "Computer Section" and even when I do a Network Reset it has not
    solved the problem.

I need the ReadyShare connection to be available in the "Network Computer Section", so that I can connect my External Hard Drive to my Laptop using the USB Port on the Router.

John Andrew Davis, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Networking not showing WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection under Computers

Hi Srimadhwa_B

Thank you for your reply.

1) The Make and Model of the Laptop is a: - “Windows 10 HP 15-ba79sa Notebook”, which was purchased in June 2016 in the UK;

2) The Make and Model of the Wi-Fi Router is a: - “Netgear NIGHTHAWK Cable Router (Model Number 7000)” with the latest Firmware installed on the Router;

3) Before installing the May 2019 Windows 10 Update, I had no problems with the Wi-Fi Router’s ReadyShare Connection not showing, whenever I opened: - “Network
    on the Laptop.

Regards

J A Davis

John Andrew Davis, Feb 15, 2020
  4. WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update

Networking not showing WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection under Computers

Hi John Andrew Davis,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the laptop?
    2. What is the make and model of the Wi-Fi router?
    3. Were you able to use WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection previously on the PC?

Meanwhile, I would like to let you know that Windows Credential Manager lets you view and delete your saved credentials for signing in to websites, connected applications, and networks.

Accessing Credential Manager’.

You need to add share name and share password in Credential Manager.

Method 1: Follow these steps to enable SMB1 and check if that works for you.

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs section, click Uninstall a program link. This will open Programs and Features window.
    3. In the left-pane of Programs and Features window, click Turn Windows features on or off the link to open Windows Features window with a list of features that you can turn on or off.
    4. Go through the features list. If the check box next to a feature is selected, it means that the feature is turned on. A filled check box means only part of the feature is turned on. Click the plus icon to see all features under
      that category.
    5. See the list and check the box for SMB1 and click OK.
    6. Wait for the configuration to complete and then restart the computer.

Method 2: Follow these steps to enable NetBios and check if that works for you.

1. Press Windows key + R to get the run window.
    2. Type the command ncpa.cpl.
    3. Right-click on your current network and select its “Properties”. Next, click on the “Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
    4. Click the “Advanced” button under the General tab. Now choose the WINS tab.
    5. Click on the “Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP” option in order to enable NetBIOS settings.
    6. Click OK and remember to restart the computer.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update

1. WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection vanished after Windows update - Similar Threads - Router's ReadyShare Connection

2. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshooter says that there are issues with the router or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshooter says that there are issues with the router or...: [ATTACH] Any help would be useful, thank you. submitted by /u/OrangeGuy1234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wiw0kl/cannot_connect_to_wifi_troubleshooter_says_that/
  3. Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is not connecting the router.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is not connecting the router.: Hellowhen I trying to connect to the Wi-Fi it's not connect and showing "can't connect to the network". Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is not connecting the router for the first time I opened the windows10. When I disable the driver and enabled it will working fine,...
  4. Wi-Fi connection lost after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connection lost after Windows update: The Wi-Fi connection has been removed from the Windows 10 menu under Network Connections. this happened after a windows update. This is an ongoing problem. The Wi-Fi connection disappears for several minutes and then reappears....
  5. Blue Screen while connecting to new Wi-fi router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen while connecting to new Wi-fi router: I am facing Blue Screen error immediately as I connect to my new router. The wi-fi is working fine when connecting to Android phone or Tabs. Only facing this error on my Laptop. The Stop Code Error is SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. It also says tcpip.sys failed. And When I am...
  6. sharing a PC's Wi-Fi connection via a wired router

sharing a PC's Wi-Fi connection via a wired router: [Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Version 2004. OS Build 19569.rs_prerelease.200214-1419] I have recently moved and it is no longer physically possible to connect my desktop PC to the internet via an Ethernet connection to my TRENDnet TEW-711BR H/W:V1.1RU wireless router....
  7. Networking not showing WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection under Computers

Networking not showing WI-FI Router's ReadyShare Connection under Computers: Since installing Windows 10 Version 1903, when I open "Network" to view the Networked Devices connected my Laptop, I can no longer see the WI-FI Router's ReadyShare connection listed in the "Computer Section" and even when I do a Network Reset it has not solved the problem....
  8. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  9. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work: Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm having issues after an OS recovery with one of my Windows 10 machines. When I attempt to connect to my wireless router, it shows "Connected, Secured" but...
  10. Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices: I have an Asus router (a good one) which is hard-wired to 4 devices. It also has wi-fi turned on - both on 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands. My iPad and an iPhone connect to both bands with no problem. However, I can't connect to my Android smartphone or a PC laptop on either band....