Windows 10: Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up

Discus and support Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have an HP 15-bs0 laptop with Windows 10 1703 and a Brother MFC-J870DW printer. When it wakes up from sleep, the scanner will not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seskanda, Jan 20, 2021.

1. seskanda Win User

Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up

Hello

I have an HP 15-bs0 laptop with Windows 10 1703 and a Brother MFC-J870DW printer. When it wakes up from sleep, the scanner will not work. Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners detected" I have to reboot the thing to get it going again. Why is this happening, and any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance

:)

seskanda, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Marivel Man, Jan 20, 2021
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up

1. Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up - Similar Threads - scanner stops working

2. Wi-Fi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not working: I need help. I did windows recovery last week on my laptop because I was having boot problems and blue screen issues. I was able to get my laptop working and set up, but my Wi-Fi is not working, when I first turn on my laptop it’ll work but as soon as I try to get on chrome...
  3. Wi-Fi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi not working: I need help. I did windows recovery last week on my laptop because I was having boot problems and blue screen issues. I was able to get my laptop working and set up, but my Wi-Fi is not working, when I first turn on my laptop it’ll work but as soon as I try to get on chrome...
  4. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  5. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  6. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  7. Wi-fi and Bluetooth not working after waking my computer up today.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-fi and Bluetooth not working after waking my computer up today.: Hi there, first time poster here - I also posted this in the Razer forum, though I'm not sure if it's more appropriate for here... I was wondering if anyone was having any similar issues and might be able to point me in the right direction. I woke up my Razer Blade Pro 17...
  8. Wi-Fi is not working

Wi-Fi is not working: I have the following problem, wi-fi isworking well but after a whilethe pop-up says "No internet connection". I disconnect wi-fithen connect it again and it starts working, butthe issue reoccurs again. I have to keep switching off and on wi-fi to make it work. It is really...
  9. Wi-Fi connection stopped working after Windows update insecure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi connection stopped working after Windows update insecure: Hi, I haven't been able to use my Wi-Fi connection with my Windows 10 PC at home in a normal way throughout the last few weeks, the problem started right after a Windows update at the beginning of June. Windows tells me that it is able to establish a secure internet...
  10. Wi-Fi Drops after start up

Wi-Fi Drops after start up: Hey all, I just recently activated my windows 10 home product key and had to update from 1809 to most recent version as of August 1, 2020. I never had any issues connecting to the internet with this motherboard, heck i got it for the on board Wi-Fi. However once the...