Windows 10: Wi-fi Security

Discus and support Wi-fi Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using a laptop to connect to my mobile hotspot. Both the devices use a VPN, and always have. It is currently showing a tiny monitor that says,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by godzilla_304, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Wi-fi Security

I am using a laptop to connect to my mobile hotspot. Both the devices use a VPN, and always have. It is currently showing a tiny monitor that says, "unidentified network", however, I do have a working wi-fi connection. Whereas, before the icon was showing the radiating curved lines. Does this current state mean there is a problem with my wi-fi security? I have updated the driver, but the icon is still the same.

:)

godzilla_304, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

Read more: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security | Wi-Fi Alliance

See also:

Brink, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Wi-fi Security

wi-fi security key

Hi Dawn,

Since you have access to your desktop, you can reveal the Wi-Fi password by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Under Network and Internet, select View network status and tasks.
    • Select Change adapter settings.
    • Double-click your wireless adapter and select Wireless Properties.
    • Go to the Security tab and mark the Show Characters option.

Let us know if the troubleshooting steps worked.

Dennis Mop, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Wi-fi Security

1. Wi-fi Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  3. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  4. Not able to start Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to start Windows Security: When starting Windows security, the application just freezes in the loading screen and then crashes.I have tried multiple solutions i found on here, but they didnt work.****moved from german to english Community ****...
  5. Not able to start Windows Security

Not able to start Windows Security: When starting Windows security, the application just freezes in the loading screen and then crashes.I have tried multiple solutions i found on here, but they didnt work.****moved from german to english Community ****...
  6. The windows security isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows security isn't working.: After i installed a game in which they asked me to off the windows security with a software. Me forgotten to on the security shutdown my pc, later i was met up with the problem...
  7. The windows security isn't working.

The windows security isn't working.: After i installed a game in which they asked me to off the windows security with a software. Me forgotten to on the security shutdown my pc, later i was met up with the problem...
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  10. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unidentified network wpa3