Windows 10: Wi-Fi Settings are missing on Windows 10 or Surface device

Discus and support Wi-Fi Settings are missing on Windows 10 or Surface device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will explore the possible solutions to the issue of Wi-Fi settings are missing on your Surface or Windows 10 device. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 8, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Wi-Fi Settings are missing on Windows 10 or Surface device

WinClub, Feb 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2020
  3. wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi Settings are missing on Windows 10 or Surface device

Wi-Fi item missing from "Network and Internet" Settings.

I have just noticed a weird problem that I think has been happening for a week or so.

Have a Surface 3. Win 10, latest updates. I got a restart update this week actually. Hmmm.

When powering on of a morning the Wi-Fi icon (bottom right task bar) will be greyed.

If I select (right swipe) "All Settings" and select "Network and Internet" Wi-Fi is MISSING from the list.

The first item is now "flight Mode". Wi-Fi is usually the first item.

After P/Fing about turning flight mode on and then back off again Wi-Fi will come back. Sometimes it takes around 5 minutes which is way too long for it to be startup related.

Once Wi-Fi is back the settings item magically appears in the "Network and Internet" list up the top?

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

GerardBakker, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi Settings are missing on Windows 10 or Surface device

1. Wi-Fi Settings are missing on Windows 10 or Surface device - Similar Threads - Settings are missing

2. Wi Fi is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi Fi is missing: I don't see the option to log into my WI Fi. Not sure what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-is-missing/fbc82ab7-43d5-4815-a193-d614ddcff831
  3. Wi Fi is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi Fi is missing: I don't see the option to log into my WI Fi. Not sure what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-is-missing/fbc82ab7-43d5-4815-a193-d614ddcff831
  4. No wi-fi setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wi-fi setting: Hi i've been having trouble with my laptop, i'm trying to connect it to a wifi but the icon is missing from the taskbar, so i open up setting menu to try to connect it from there but there's no wifi setting, i've tried multiple different fixes that i found on the internet,...
  5. Missing "Manage Wi-Fi Settings" & "Advanced Options" Under Settings>Network & Internet>Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing "Manage Wi-Fi Settings" & "Advanced Options" Under Settings>Network & Internet>Wi-Fi: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and am trying to turn off "Wi-Fi Sense". I am not seeing the "Manage Wi-Fi Settings" when I go to Settings>Network & Internet>Wi-Fi I also noticed the "Advanced Options" is also not there. I have attached a screen shot....
  6. Windows 10 Wi-Fi Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Wi-Fi Driver Missing: Hello!, I am ItzDiamond I have a issue in my pc. When i reset my PC I lost my Wi-Fi driver. Now i have to use Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi. Can anyone Tell me to how to fix this? I need a Wi-Fi driver for my PC How can i get one? Thank you!...
  7. Пропал значок Wi-Fi/ Wi-Fi icon missing Windows 10

Пропал значок Wi-Fi/ Wi-Fi icon missing Windows 10: Пропал значок вай фай в панели задач, а если открыть сеть то там тоже нет иконки вай фай для просмотра доступных сетей, пробовал обновить драйвера и сбрасывать сеть, много чего попробовал не помогает ничего. Прошу помогите :( The wi-fi icon disappeared in the taskbar, and...
  8. Wi fi settings

Wi fi settings: I am not able to connect wifi. I want to connect wifi of our college which if insecure. The option of wifi is de cable when i open it. How chang settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-settings/f0e72026-8db2-4d16-b752-1a0dc40cd391
  9. settings wi-fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings wi-fi: I am having problems connecting a tv to the internet through my pc's wireless modem. I need to access my modem 's wi-fi settings, which I should be able to do through windows 10 's settings. I know how to do this (well I thought I did) but I go to the appropriate place and...
  10. Wi-Fi settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wi-Fi settings: While using my computer, the wifi occasionally turns off, and asks when we want to restart it. Is there a setting I'm missing that will keep the wifi turned on?...