Windows 10: Wi fi settings

Discus and support Wi fi settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not able to connect wifi. I want to connect wifi of our college which if insecure. The option of wifi is de cable when i open it. How chang... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarshadVaghasiya, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Wi fi settings

I am not able to connect wifi.

I want to connect wifi of our college which if insecure.

The option of wifi is de cable when i open it.

How chang settings.

:)

HarshadVaghasiya, Jan 1, 2019
  2. LadyDay53 Win User

No Wi-Fi Settings

I recently purchase a computer with Window 10. It was a refurbished unit. However, there is not listing for Wi-Fi in Windows period. It is not listed in network settings.

How do I connect to Wi-Fi with this system?

Estelle

LadyDay53, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Wi fi settings

wi-fi settings

Hi. My name is Miles.

This Wi-Fi router configuration (or Wi-Fi base station) can be set to obtain better performance, security, and reliability when using Wi-Fi networks.

Follow the steps indicated below:

• Make sure that the firmware of the Wi-Fi router is up to date.

• Make sure Wi-Fi devices are compatible with the recommended settings.

• If possible, back up the configuration of the Wi-Fi router.

• Skip or delete the Wi-Fi settings of your network on all devices that connect to the Wi-Fi router. This will prevent the devices from trying to connect to the network with the previous configuration. You must reconnect the devices to the network when you
    finish setting up the new configuration.

• Configure all Wi-Fi routers that are on the same network in the same way. If you do not, the devices may have problems connecting to the network or the network may be unreliable.

• If you use a dual-band Wi-Fi router, set the same configuration for the two bands.

MilesPruett, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Wi fi settings

1. Wi fi settings - Similar Threads - settings

2. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  3. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  4. Some of these settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of these settings are managed by your organization: I don't know what's wrong with my device. I'm trying to open the location but can't, I can't select the open icon. Hope you will help me fix it. Thank you...
  5. Some of these settings are managed by your organization

Some of these settings are managed by your organization: I don't know what's wrong with my device. I'm trying to open the location but can't, I can't select the open icon. Hope you will help me fix it. Thank you...
  6. I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...: long story short i spent around 3 hours last night adjusting all my settings in my network tab, i have set my duplex and speed to 1gb to correspond with my new wifi speeds but my system is still capping its link speed recieve/transmit at 100mbps, how do i increase this to be...
  7. I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...

I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...: long story short i spent around 3 hours last night adjusting all my settings in my network tab, i have set my duplex and speed to 1gb to correspond with my new wifi speeds but my system is still capping its link speed recieve/transmit at 100mbps, how do i increase this to be...
  8. Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.: So, i was with a friend clearing out ram on my computer when i hit "end task" on the fillies icon when i was in task manager. My computer immediately grey screened and i panicked and pressed the power button. I was able to shut down my computer and bring it back online. When...
  9. Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.

Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.: So, i was with a friend clearing out ram on my computer when i hit "end task" on the fillies icon when i was in task manager. My computer immediately grey screened and i panicked and pressed the power button. I was able to shut down my computer and bring it back online. When...
  10. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...