Windows 10: Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So this is my second time installing Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop. Both attempts have caused issues with my Wi-Fi speeds and browsing the internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MI6FalconX, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2

So this is my second time installing Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop. Both attempts have caused issues with my Wi-Fi speeds and browsing the internet is almost unusable right now since it will work for a minute and then just stops loading for 20-30 seconds. The first issue that came from installing Windows 20H2 were that the Wi-Fi didn't show up at all, and this occurred both times. I did manage to fix this issue though by uninstalling the driver which was corrupted. I have done most of the basic things to try and fix this issue and have looked around trying to find helpful tips, but I haven't had any luck at the moment.

Now I am stuck in this situation where it just seems easier to go back to the previous Windows version again which worked fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

MI6FalconX, Apr 22, 2021
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Marivel Man, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2

1. Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - slows stops installing

2. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  3. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  4. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow wi-fi after updating the windows: My wi-fi started to be slow after i updated the windows, for exemple i want to open more tabs.first tab will be youtube and the other 5 will be some other sites, only the tab with youtube is working properly the videos are loading in 1080p very fast, but in the other tabs it...
  5. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow wi-fi after updating the windows: My wi-fi started to be slow after i updated the windows, for exemple i want to open more tabs.first tab will be youtube and the other 5 will be some other sites, only the tab with youtube is working properly the videos are loading in 1080p very fast, but in the other tabs it...
  6. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

7. slow wi fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow wi fi: wi fi very slow, Sprint said all fine at their end on Optimum, download 167 upload 37. the keyboard doesnt work but when I swith it to oter usb, it starts to work. also, unable to do software update on my i phone 11...
  8. Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903

Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903: I have Intel 9560 Wi-Fi on my ASUS Z390 motherboard and when I do a clean install of Windows 10 v1903 I get very slow Wi-Fi speed at around 1mbps on speedtest.net. I have Xfinity Gigabit Plan with Arris TG3842G modem. Everything is slow until I manually update the Wi-Fi...
  9. Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903: I have Intel 9560 Wi-Fi on my ASUS Z390 motherboard and when I do a clean install of Windows 10 v1903 I get very slow Wi-Fi speed at around 1mbps on speedtest.net. I have Xfinity Gigabit Plan with Arris TG3842G modem. Everything is slow until I manually update the Wi-Fi...
  10. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af