Windows 10: Wi-Fi speed is extremely slow since installing Windows 10!

Discus and support Wi-Fi speed is extremely slow since installing Windows 10! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently formatted my laptop which was running Windows 10 to re-install it since i didn't do a clean install the first time and was hence facing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Garuna93, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Garuna93 Win User

Wi-Fi speed is extremely slow since installing Windows 10!

I recently formatted my laptop which was running Windows 10 to re-install it since i didn't do a clean install the first time and was hence facing some issues.I've now installed Windows 10 pro x64 version on my Vaio laptop.

However soon after installing i noticed that the wi-fi speed was extremely slow.Windows update took forever and eventually failed.I don't have the fastest internet connection (2 Mbps) but the speeds i'm getting are less than 10KBps.Windows update progresses 1% in around an hour.Apps from windows store take even longer.

I tried using a third party software to upgrade my drivers since windows update was taking ages and that software too suffered from the same speed.I thought that some background application might be leeching the speed so i closed windows update (stopped the windows update service),made sure no apps were being downloaded in the windows store and made sure no optional language packs were being downloaded however the result was the same.

It's not an issue with my Wi-Fi since i'm getting good speed on all other devices including other Windows 10 devices.I've tried several things but i'm now at my wit's end.Here's what i've tried so far :

1. Re-installed the Broadcom driver for Wi-Fi.
    2. Formatted the PC and re-install Windows.
    3. Disabled location services.
    4. Disabled updates from more than one place under windows update.
    5. Changing several wi-fi properties.

What do you recommend?

:)

Garuna93, Feb 7, 2017
  2. Gershonc Win User

Wi-Fi speed is extremely slow since installing Windows 10.

that's exactly my problem as well with the sp4 fast uploads but slow dpwnload speeds (~2mbps).

how did u solved it?

Gershonc, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Garuna93X Win User
    Wi-Fi speed is extremely slow since installing Windows 10.

Umm how can i download updates or update drivers when the internet is so slow that i can barely open Google?

Garuna93X, Feb 7, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Not sure what problem is --especially since I'm coming from a country where if you don't get your ISP to give you at least 200 Mib/s (and in Iceland that's regarded as SLOW) I'd change to another provider or take your computer to where there's a decent LAN connection and download from there.

With the sheer volume of Call centres etc in Bangalore and zillions of outsourcing operations such as Cap Gemini / TATA etc etc based in India I can't believe those connections can be that bad --and if they are --well we then know why those call centres take HOURS to handle customer calls !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi speed is extremely slow since installing Windows 10! - Similar Threads - speed extremely slow

2. Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig: Good dayI hope someone here can assist me, i have no idea what else to trySo i built a gaming rig in 2020 and its been working 100% til now specs at the bottomfor the past couple of months now, i had an issue where I get internet speeds of around 0.2 - 0.1 mbps when connected...
  3. Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig: Good dayI hope someone here can assist me, i have no idea what else to trySo i built a gaming rig in 2020 and its been working 100% til now specs at the bottomfor the past couple of months now, i had an issue where I get internet speeds of around 0.2 - 0.1 mbps when connected...
  4. Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC: Hi, I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on the three devices that are in the same position in the house I get the following :- device download speed upload...
  6. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset: So I've been having a lot of issues with my laptops network connection ever since I bought it about six months ago. It is an MSI I7 9750H but I am not sure of the exact model. To start whenever I would startup a game and get to about 20 seconds of active use, it would boot me...
  7. Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged

Wi-Fi Extremely Slow When Computer is Unplugged: Hello everyone, I have a very interesting and weird issue. When my pc is plugged in, I get excellent download speeds and a great connection. However, when I unplug the computer, I can't even load web pages. The connection still says it is very good. Here's my system info: OS...
  8. Extremely slow Wi-Fi on my PC only?

Extremely slow Wi-Fi on my PC only?: I just recently bought my PC a few days ago and ever since, the Wi-Fi has been terribly slow. I have really good Wi-Fi and I know it is just an issue with my PC because the Wi-Fi works fine on my phone, laptop, and smart T.V. This is also a good P.C. I can't even open google...
  9. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  10. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...