Windows 10: Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...

Discus and support Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I run the speed-test, it begins as it usually was in terms of speed that was there before when I didn't have an issue with anything but after 2-3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DiamondsssDMD, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...

When I run the speed-test, it begins as it usually was in terms of speed that was there before when I didn't have an issue with anything but after 2-3 seconds the meter freezes and immediately drops to 20Mb then starts going a bit up just to freeze again and drop a bit again after 2-3 seconds.. It's really frustrating and my internet is pretty slow for ex. when I open the page on the internet even though after the speed test has finished the results are averaging about 40 Mb/s for upload. I tried updating driver for my Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac but still the same thing happens.

:)

DiamondsssDMD, Oct 31, 2020

2. Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping

My wi-fi regularly drops completely. It will show full bars yet I cannot connect. No other device on the network is affected. I think it's the wi-fi module that came with my PC.

Sometimes I have to restart my PC to fix the issue but other times that doesn't work. The wi-fi just randomly drops for no reason.

Starwind Amada, Oct 31, 2020
  3. TomHelle Win User
    Drop Wi-Fi connection after I terminate a session.

My laptop keeps dropping the Wi-Fi internet connection in-between uses. If I use the Wi-Fi and close out the connection, next time I come back it won't connect. I have to run troubleshooter to get it to work - any suggestions?

TomHelle, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...

Drop Wi-Fi connection after I terminate a session.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the Wi-Fi driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps resolving the issue. I suggest you to update the Wi-Fi driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Wi-Fi driver and update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...

1. Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds... - Similar Threads - speed keeps dropping

2. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.: So I have had this issue with my pc for several months now and I have just been dealing with it. But basically my wi if connection will just disconnect for a few seconds at a time 1-10 and then reconnect. Sometimes it won’t happen for an hour, sometimes it will happen every...
  3. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.: So I have had this issue with my pc for several months now and I have just been dealing with it. But basically my wi if connection will just disconnect for a few seconds at a time 1-10 and then reconnect. Sometimes it won’t happen for an hour, sometimes it will happen every...
  4. Wi-fi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Could be every few seconds or few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi link speed keeps dropping, causes low bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi link speed keeps dropping, causes low bandwidth: My home download network speed is 50 Mbps, however I'm only getting 20-30 Mbps of download speed in my PC when testing on speedtest.net. But I'm getting full download speed on my mobile phone. Both my PC and my mobile phone are receiving full strength Wi-Fi and the issue just...
  6. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  7. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  8. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

9. Service causing Wi-Fi to drop every 2-3 seconds

Service causing Wi-Fi to drop every 2-3 seconds: So pretty much as the title states, when I disable all of my services clean boot my internet is constantly up and running without any problems but when I have a lot of my services enabled, the up and down speed drops to literally 0 and goes up a bit then 2-3 seconds later it...
  10. Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping

Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping: My wi-fi regularly drops completely. It will show full bars yet I cannot connect. No other device on the network is affected. I think it's the wi-fi module that came with my PC. Sometimes I have to restart my PC to fix the issue but other times that doesn't work. The wi-fi...