Windows 10: Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

Discus and support Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just to clarify, I've tried so many things like closing background processes, messing with the DNS settings, trying to figure out what's using up so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gabe Mangum, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

Just to clarify, I've tried so many things like closing background processes, messing with the DNS settings, trying to figure out what's using up so much data using the resource monitor, and uninstalling a bunch of things that might be causing the problem. I'm a bit confused about this because this is only affecting my computer. My families computers are fine and experience no ping spikes. Here is a picture of the ping test I'm using. Each spike in the graph is when it goes up to 100 ping.Here is one more picture the Wi-Fi tab in task manager. I'm not sure if this one is helpful but I think it

:)

Gabe Mangum, Sep 24, 2022

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

1. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds - Similar Threads - spikes every seconds

2. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  3. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  4. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Intermittent lag spikes over Wi-Fi

Intermittent lag spikes over Wi-Fi: HiUp until 3 days ago my connection over my Wi-Fi network was perfectly stable, but then started randomly experiencing severe latency spikes. I tried contacting the Wi-Fi company's support but they weren't any help, are there any suggestions?I am running Windows 10 on a...
  6. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds: Just to clarify, I've tried so many things like closing background processes, messing with the DNS settings, trying to figure out what's using up so much data using the resource monitor, and uninstalling a bunch of things that might be causing the problem. I'm a bit confused...
  7. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds: Just to clarify, I've tried so many things like closing background processes, messing with the DNS settings, trying to figure out what's using up so much data using the resource monitor, and uninstalling a bunch of things that might be causing the problem. I'm a bit confused...
  8. Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...

Wi-Fi speed keeps dropping every few seconds...: When I run the speed-test, it begins as it usually was in terms of speed that was there before when I didn't have an issue with anything but after 2-3 seconds the meter freezes and immediately drops to 20Mb then starts going a bit up just to freeze again and drop a bit again...
  9. Wi-Fi Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Spikes on Windows 10: I've noticed this problem once I moved and updated my computer to Windows 10. I purchased a new USB Wifi Adapter because I assumed it was my previous outdated USB Wifi Adapter. I'm finding I'm still getting spikes that jump from 20-30ms to high-high numbers and it's...
  10. Ping spikes Wi-Fi Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ping spikes Wi-Fi Windows 10: Hey guys ! I would like some help. I've found out some HUGE ping spikes, and I can't solve this. OneDrive is uninstalled, my Wifi drivers are up to date, I tried to disable the WLAN Autoconfig too but nothing works. Please, i'm desesperate. Ping test :...