Windows 10: Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc

Discus and support Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my friend had a broken Windows the other day and did a clean install of Windows. then, system downloaded the latest version, 2004. because of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lavie.Saimlate, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc

my friend had a broken Windows the other day and did a clean install of Windows.

then, system downloaded the latest version, 2004.

because of the "turns No-internet connection with padlock icon" bug, he can't use most of the Microsoft-related software.

and he said "I can't check Windows Update"

this is very serious and we need to do something to fix it.

we've tried to change the registry, reset the wi-fi , and various measures, but none of them work.

What should we do?

:)

Lavie.Saimlate, Sep 25, 2020
  2. allant51 Win User

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc

Wrong wi-fi icon?

I have my 'old' Black Panther system now connected by a wi-fi dongle.

There isn't a networking problem here, because the pc gets online with no problem.

However the bottom-right icon (near the clock) shows the symbol for not connected - 5 empty bars and a red cross over them.
    Mousing over the icon it says 'network - internet access' *Confused Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc :confused: And there is internet.

Why isn't the correct icon showing up? *Wtf :wtf:

Black Panther, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc

1. Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc - Similar Threads - padlock icon prohibits

2. Find my Wi-Fi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find my Wi-Fi icon: Where can I find my Wi-Fi call if I cannot find it anywhere in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-wi-fi-icon/e20c4c60-3033-4b2d-b737-c22ba91b5314
  3. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  4. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  5. Padlock Icon on file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Padlock Icon on file: How do I remove the padlock icon off of my file? I remember that I put the lock icon on my file using the command prompt and I want to remove the lock off of my file or folder using the command prompt but forgot the cmd. I think the padlock icon means it won't share the file...
  6. Can not find the Wi-Fi Icon

Can not find the Wi-Fi Icon: Hello there, I have problems with the Wi-Fi connection. Sometimes the Wi-Fi icon doesn't show up in the available networks.[IMG]And it appears again when i restart the laptop several times. So I have to restart my laptop over and over before i can even begin to work. It is...
  7. Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network: Last night I updated my laptop to Windows 10 2004 but then I found that the Wi-fi icon remain "No Internet Connection" and each Wi-fi network changed. I still have access to Internet but this thing make me a bit uncomfortable. What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you....
  8. WI-FI icon missing

WI-FI icon missing: Wifi icon is missing, but i can able to import the profile and connect using the command prompt. GUI is not wokring. I tried reinstalling the driver and all the possible ways...
  9. How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?

How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?: Windows all the time keeps connecting to certain open wifi networks that I do not know and do not intend to connect to. I would like to configure that the wifi adapter never connects to networks with certain SSID (effectively making a list of banned SSID's)....
  10. wi-fi icon

wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c