Windows 10: Wi-fi won’t connect

Discus and support Wi-fi won’t connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve bought a new laptop and activated Windows 10. I connected it to the wi-fi, but the connection crashed a few minutes later. I tried to install some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HallieKelly, May 23, 2020.

1. Wi-fi won’t connect

I’ve bought a new laptop and activated Windows 10. I connected it to the wi-fi, but the connection crashed a few minutes later. I tried to install some software but there is no internet connection. In a nutshell, I am unable to get a steady internet connection via wi-fi. The module is intel wireless ac module 960 160

:)

HallieKelly, May 23, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 23, 2020
  3. allant51 Win User
    wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, May 23, 2020
  4. Wi-fi won’t connect

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Wi-fi won’t connect

1. Wi-fi won’t connect - Similar Threads - won’t connect

2. My Hp laptop won’t connect to the internet, it keeps saying “change settings, such as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Hp laptop won’t connect to the internet, it keeps saying “change settings, such as...: My Windows 10 Hp laptop won’t connect to the wifi anymore. It used to work perfectly but I haven’t used it in 3 weeks and I tried to use it today but it won’t connect. I searched up some stuff and I just might have made it worse by uninstalling the “ethernet” I have no idea...
  3. My Hp laptop won’t connect to the internet, it keeps saying “change settings, such as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Hp laptop won’t connect to the internet, it keeps saying “change settings, such as...: My Windows 10 Hp laptop won’t connect to the wifi anymore. It used to work perfectly but I haven’t used it in 3 weeks and I tried to use it today but it won’t connect. I searched up some stuff and I just might have made it worse by uninstalling the “ethernet” I have no idea...
  4. My Hp laptop won’t connect to the internet, it keeps saying “change settings, such as...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  6. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  7. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

8. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  9. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  10. Hello I am a student and I need help with my Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to...

Hello I am a student and I need help with my Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to...: Hello I am a student and I need help with the Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to my phone’s hotspot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-am-a-student-and-i-need-help-with-my-wi-fi/8646364f-2de9-49ef-b7b9-e71e0cf5560f