Windows 10: Wi-fi won’t connect

Discus and support Wi-fi won’t connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve bought a new laptop and activated Windows 10. I connected it to the wi-fi, but the connection crashed a few minutes later. I tried to install some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HallieKelly, May 23, 2020.

1. Wi-fi won’t connect

I’ve bought a new laptop and activated Windows 10. I connected it to the wi-fi, but the connection crashed a few minutes later. I tried to install some software but there is no internet connection. In a nutshell, I am unable to get a steady internet connection via wi-fi. The module is intel wireless ac module 960 160

:)

HallieKelly, May 23, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 23, 2020
  3. allant51 Win User
    wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, May 23, 2020
  4. Wi-fi won’t connect

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Wi-fi won’t connect

1. Wi-fi won’t connect - Similar Threads - won’t connect

2. Mapped drive won’t connect until host restarts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive won’t connect until host restarts.: I mapped a folder from a computer on my network to my personal computer. Everything works fine for several hours and then all of a sudden it can’t connect to it. Once i reboot the computer hosting the folder, it can connect fine. What do you guys think? Ive checked sleep...
  3. Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet: I was up dating MS windows 10. For some reason now my laptop will not except password to start up the laptop. On the lower right hand side there are three buttons the far right one is the on off re start button, middle is ease of access, left has a red X and when I press it...
  4. Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine.: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 pro to windows 10 and none of the Windows apps will connect to the internet. For example, I cant search for Windows updates because it thinks I’m not connected to the internet. I also can’t login to my microsoft account instead. I’ve tried...
  5. AirPods won’t connect Surface Go

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AirPods won’t connect Surface Go: Airpods will show as paired but wont connect. Ive tried what other posts have suggested but no go. Has anyone actually debugged this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airpods-wont-connect-surface-go/62604301-54f2-496e-a959-91fb262be60f
  6. WiFi won’t connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi won’t connect: My internet/WiFi was working on my windows 10 surface pro yesterday and I haven’t ever had a problem before. The internet won’t connect today, I type in the password and it just repeatedly keeps asking for it. I have checked my rooter and reset it, which is working as my...
  7. My x box wireless controller won’t connect to windows 10 without a pin code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My x box wireless controller won’t connect to windows 10 without a pin code?: I have a new bluetooth adaptor that works fine as i have other devices connected. does anyone know how to resolve this issue of a pin code? Ive tried resetting the controller and updating the firmware, neither of which helped!...
  8. PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work: Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my internet. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd...
  9. New PC won’t show avaliable WiFi networks. Other devices are connected just fine.

New PC won’t show avaliable WiFi networks. Other devices are connected just fine.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kevinboiiz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4gpwk/new_pc_wont_show_avaliable_wifi_networks_other/
  10. Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps4 Bluetooth won’t discover and connect while pairing: Hi so i have this problem where i cannot connect my Gamepad controller which is a Dualshock4 wireless Playstation Controller. It used to work when i pair it with bluetooth on my computer but now the device is not discoverable on my computer. The controller bluetooth is ok...