Windows 10: WIA Driver

Discus and support WIA Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to get my Canon i-sensys MF4780W printer's scanner to work from my laptop. I get message WIA Driver required to perform this action.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarindaRencken, Dec 11, 2018.

1. WIA Driver

Hi

I am trying to get my Canon i-sensys MF4780W printer's scanner to work from my laptop. I get message WIA Driver required to perform this action.

I have windows 10, 64 bit. My WIA driver is running.

Please can I get some advice on this matter.

Marinda

:)

MarindaRencken, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

wia driver

Hi Jan,

An outdated scanner driver is one of the possible reasons why your scanner needs a WIA driver in Windows 10. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you download and install the latest scanner driver from the manufacturer's website of your device. You can follow the steps in this

Forum Article
    that was provided by Andre Da Costa and go to the section,
    How to find and download drivers from the manufacturers website.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Dec 11, 2018
  3. WIA Driver error Mesage

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Here are a few more methods which you can follow:

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update your scanner driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the scanner.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Method 3: I suggest you to check for the status of the services in Services Windows.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Services.msc in the search box on the run command and press Enter.
    • Search for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service in the Services windows and look at the Status.
    • If the status of the service is stopped then start the service by right clicking on the service and select Start.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 11, 2018
  4. WIA Driver

Can no longer scan from scanner-WIA driver..

Hi,

This error can be caused by an outdated driver. To properly instruct you on how to resolve the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the exact error messages that you're getting about resetting WIA driver?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

A driver is a program that controls a device that is installed to your computer. Having an outdated driver causes functionality issues due to incompatibility. As your initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you update your drivers using the instructions
    on this
    link

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

WIA Driver

1. WIA Driver - Similar Threads - WIA Driver

2. Why WIA Driver MS HLK InfVerif::RunInfVerif gives ERROR on Windows 11 22H2 but is WARNING...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why WIA Driver MS HLK InfVerif::RunInfVerif gives ERROR on Windows 11 22H2 but is WARNING...: Hello MS Community,We did MS HLK InfVerif::RunInfVerif on our WIA Driver which gives ERROR on Windows 11 22H2 but is WARNING on Windows 11 21H2 for "File path "%11%" in registry may be incorrect in some contexts, use %%SystemRoot%% instead".We have not done any changes in WIA...
  3. Why WIA Driver MS HLK InfVerif::RunInfVerif gives ERROR on Windows 11 22H2 but is WARNING...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why WIA Driver MS HLK InfVerif::RunInfVerif gives ERROR on Windows 11 22H2 but is WARNING...: Hello MS Community,We did MS HLK InfVerif::RunInfVerif on our WIA Driver which gives ERROR on Windows 11 22H2 but is WARNING on Windows 11 21H2 for "File path "%11%" in registry may be incorrect in some contexts, use %%SystemRoot%% instead".We have not done any changes in WIA...
  4. سكانر يطلب wia driver

سكانر يطلب wia driver: اسكانر من نوع BENQ موديل SZW 3300u wia driver تم تعريفه و لكن كل مرة اريد استخدامة يطلب مني علما ان الوندوز 7 BIT 32شكرا https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%D8%B3%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B1/e1610cab-c885-4257-a6cb-112e3b44bf43
  5. سكانر يطلب wia driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    سكانر يطلب wia driver: اسكانر من نوع BENQ موديل SZW 3300u wia driver تم تعريفه و لكن كل مرة اريد استخدامة يطلب مني علما ان الوندوز 7 BIT 32شكرا https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%D8%B3%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B1/e1610cab-c885-4257-a6cb-112e3b44bf43
  6. Fix You need a WIA driver to use this device error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix You need a WIA driver to use this device error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Many Windows users while connecting a scanner, printer, or some other device to their Windows computer are receiving the following error: You need a WIA driver to use this device. Please install it from the installation CD or manufacturer’s website and try again. This...
  7. Error Handler Extension of WIA driver not called for Windows Scan App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Handler Extension of WIA driver not called for Windows Scan App: I have a WIA2 driver with Error Handler Extension. Error handler Extension dll displays error pop up on some condition during WIA scan. Error pop up displays properly when scanned from Windows Fax and Scan Application, but from Windows 10 Scan App pop up from WIA Error...
  8. Windows Scan App doesn't display message from Error Handler extension of WIA driver

Windows Scan App doesn't display message from Error Handler extension of WIA driver: I have a WIA2 driver with Error Handler Extension. Error handler Extension dll displays error pop up on some condition during WIA scan. Error pop up displays properly when scanned from Windows Fax and Scan Application, but from Windows 10 Scan App pop up from WIA Error...
  9. WIA driver not working.

WIA driver not working.: My scanner will not work. It keeps saying I need a WIA driver. I have one. It is set to automatic. Microsoft says it is up to date and working, but I cannot change the settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Epson. I have turned off both computer and printer. No...
  10. wia driver for my scan snap ix1500

wia driver for my scan snap ix1500: wia driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wia-driver-for-my-scan-snap-ix1500/64365d19-7b7a-4c2a-8cf5-1d2e078862c3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my printer is not scanning for me? message is: you need a wia driver? it was scanning for me prior to this.

2. wia driver canon mf4780w

3. you need a wia driver to use this device

4. Find the WIA scanner driver settings,
  5. wia 64bit driver,
  6. why cant my computer detect wia driver,
  7. wia driver