Windows 10: wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again?

Discus and support wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium printer quit scanning after the December HP updates. The scan doctor tries to do an WIA Scan and fails to repair the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tomkitty, Jan 19, 2022.

1. tomkitty Win User

wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again?

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium printer quit scanning after the December HP updates. The scan doctor tries to do an WIA Scan and fails to repair the problem. I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS computer. I tried to turn on the wia in windows but it failed.

:)

tomkitty, Jan 19, 2022

2. computer does not recognize scanner says WIA driver missing

Hi,

Solution 1: Restart Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service

1. Type services in the search box, and then you will see services application is on the best match position. Open the services desktop application.

2. Find the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) in the services.

3. Right-click Windows Image Acquisition and select Properties from the context menu.

4. In WIA services properties, select the startup type as Automatic. And then click Start button in service status.

Tips: if the services status is running, try to stop it and then restart it again.

After you click the start button, windows 10 is attempting to start the WIA service on local computer. The process takes several seconds.

5. After the services control finish, click OK button.

6. Follow above steps to start other two services: Shell Hardware Detection and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

After that, you can use the printer and scanner to test if it needs WIA driver when scanning.

Solution 2: Uninstall Scanner Driver

1. Open device manager and expand the Imaging devices.

2. Find the scanner and right-click it to select Uninstall.

Then the scanner driver will be uninstalled in your Windows 10.

3. Restart your computer, system will scan all the devices and install Windows 10 WIA driver for your scanner. And now, when you scan the documents, it can copy files properly.

Solution 3: Update Scanner WIA Driver

If the computer cannot help to install the WIA drivers correctly, you should do this thing by yourself. And sometimes, after you upgrade system to Windows 10, the incompatible or corrupted scanner driver may cause this problem. And there are two ways you can
    do to update WIA drivers for your scanner.

As the error remind, there is a CD containing WIA drivers for your Scanner, so reboot the CD with the CD/DVD drive to install the WIA driver step by step. But if you cannot find the CD media, you should go to the manufacturer’s website such as HP, Dell, Epson,
    Fujitsu.

1. Enter the scanner manufacturer’s website to find the scanner drivers and firmware, download them manually.

2. Install the scanner driver and update firmware step by step.

Solution 4: Troubleshoot for your Scanner

If the Scanner appears the error of “You need a WIA driver to use this device”, you can troubleshoot to fix the WIA driver missing problem. It is an automatic tool which can help to fix all the scanners whatever it is, Canon scanner, HP scanner or Dell scanner.

1. Go here: Windows > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

2. Find Hardware and Device, and then click Run the Troubleshooter.

It will start scanning all your Windows system devices including Scanner and find the Scanner error and then repair it automatically.

Tips: If you are using a printer which contains the scanning function, you can also choose to troubleshoot the printer.

I think these three solutions will help to solve WIA driver disappearing problem. And if the scanner cannot scan, you can do a system restore to solve it if you want.

MilagrosM2020, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Pro updated to 2004. HP scanner ScanJet 4010 no longer scans. Message "WIA driver necessary"

I have USB HP scanner ScanJet 4010. Worked perfectly, no problem. After updating Windows 10 Pro to 2004 scanner is in device list, device manager shows "Ok", "Devices and printers " show this scanner, but I cannot scan. Message "WIA driver necessary"

Eugene Nike, Jan 19, 2022
  4. katbird26 Win User

Can no longer scan from scanner-WIA driver..

Scanner just stopped working on laptop and desktop.

Got error about WIA driver.

Cannon printer gave me instructions to reset WIA driver but get error message on that.

See..service status is PAUSED and will not resume.

Please help.

katbird26, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

1. wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again? - Similar Threads - wia scan working

2. How do I get my WiFi working again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my WiFi working again?: My WiFi connection options are not showing here:I have tried reistarting the Dell PC in question, and the WiFi router.I have tried restarting the WiFi service usingRun - services.mscWLAN Autoconfig - right click and restartI have reinstalled the WiFi Driver.I have noticed...
  3. How do I get audio to work again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get audio to work again.: Please I need help it’s driving me insane. Last night I went to bed after playing a YouTube movie. I have speakers I bought from Amazon very cheap. USB plug in speaker that were plugged into my mother board. Finally went to bed I put my pc on sleep and shut my monitors off....
  4. How do I get audio to work again.

How do I get audio to work again.: Please I need help it’s driving me insane. Last night I went to bed after playing a YouTube movie. I have speakers I bought from Amazon very cheap. USB plug in speaker that were plugged into my mother board. Finally went to bed I put my pc on sleep and shut my monitors off....
  5. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???: My Notifications Aren't Showing Up Anymore. These Kind Of Things Tend To Happen Because There Is An Upcoming Windows Update.. From Reading Posts Here... It Sounds Like There Is. Notifications Are Stll Set On Youtube For Example But They're Not Showing Up. IT Just Keeps...
  6. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???: My Notifications Aren't Showing Up Anymore. These Kind Of Things Tend To Happen Because There Is An Upcoming Windows Update.. From Reading Posts Here... It Sounds Like There Is. Notifications Are Stll Set On Youtube For Example But They're Not Showing Up. IT Just Keeps...
  7. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again?: My HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium printer quit scanning after the December HP updates. The scan doctor tries to do an WIA Scan and fails to repair the problem. I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS computer. I tried to turn on the wia in windows but it failed....
  9. wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wia scan not working. How do I get the scanner working again?: My HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium printer quit scanning after the December HP updates. The scan doctor tries to do an WIA Scan and fails to repair the problem. I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS computer. I tried to turn on the wia in windows but it failed....
  10. How do I get the computer working again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the computer working again?: Hi. So I have a windows 10 pro computer. I'm trying to update the system but every time that I try to update it by restarting it will not restart. When I turn the computer back on, it turns to "attempting repairs". Then it goes to a blue screen that says "we weren't able to...