Windows 10: WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP!

Discus and support WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok.... DO NOT like that the file folders are sorted by last viewed an NOT by name !!!! Please advise how to change back to selection file name or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAG72404, Dec 2, 2020.

1. LAG72404 Win User

WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP!

Ok....

DO NOT like that the file folders are sorted by last viewed an NOT by name !!!!

Please advise how to change back to selection file name or other detail columns.

GETTING TIRED OF THE SCREW UPS IN WINDOWS!

Don't know who is at the helm there at Microsoft BUT it needs to change!

:)

LAG72404, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Screw Up

Hi Fairedenale,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Where exactly are you looking for the files, pictures and documents?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Safe mode and check if the files are present?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Windows.Old folder?
    I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the files, pictures and documents are present.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.
    You may also refer to: Find
    lost files after the update to Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist, I suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP!

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP!

1. WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP! - Similar Threads - WIBDIWS SCREW

2. Update - Windows screwing up?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update - Windows screwing up?: The last update went in fine but colour settings have gone a bit loopy. Suddenly my colours on games and desktop were really vivid - a real pain on the eyeballs. Eventually fixed that but lost my custom settings. Secondly my task bar along the bottom of the desktop had gone...
  3. KB4598242 Corrupting User Profiles & Generally Screwing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4598242 Corrupting User Profiles & Generally Screwing Windows 10: This update, KB4598242, you guys gotta stop pushing it, it's breaking machines & corrupting the holy hell out of user profiles. This supposed security update has taken my $5,000 plus machine and made it nigh-on unresponsive. The desktop does not load properly, the taskbar...
  4. Lost administrator status--can't import backup regkey now, am I screwed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost administrator status--can't import backup regkey now, am I screwed?: Screenshots of error messages/etc: https://imgur.com/a/MWooQYY Hello, Pulling my hair out over this one--I clearly jumped in way too deep and am now up the creek without a paddle. I changed a menial registry setting for the second time ever while owning this PC I...
  5. Multiple monitors screwing up when I turn one display off

Multiple monitors screwing up when I turn one display off: I have a 3 monitor setup, I keep having a problem where I will setup my backgrounds for the monitors but when I turn one off the images will shift instead of being dedicated to just one monitor. I have used display fusion, and a couple others but they all have the same issue....
  6. Update screwed up my computer and I can't undo it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update screwed up my computer and I can't undo it.: ever since my computer updated in october, my start menu does not work, the windows button doesn't work, cordata doesn't work, microsoft photos doesn't work. I'm sure other things area messed up that I don't know about yet. there is no restore point prior to the update....
  7. Start Menu is screwed up

Start Menu is screwed up: [ATTACH] Idk why, but my Start menu just went hapazard. The app placement all went random. Is there a reason for this, or is it just a glitch? https://preview.redd.it/9h1lb59okx761.png?width=431&format=png&auto=webp&s=8d0b46b06d1ee6523ace29339001a738454a7bc9 submitted by...
  8. Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?

Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?: Basically my windows is slowly falling apart, small things stop working over time for example when I right click on a file to check its properties nothings opens. I didnt care but now I pretty much cant use my pc. sfc /scannow doesnt work anymore ("Windows Resource...
  9. Permissions seem to be screwed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions seem to be screwed up: My sole-use Windows 10 system seems to be screwed up. I am getting various manifestations of being unable to access files that I own. I can access anything in safe mode, but not when I log in with my normal user name which has administrator rights. The files affected all show...
  10. Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.

Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.: So I've already been to the Microsoft Support forums with this issue but found nothing, I've been having an issue for a while now where Windows Store downloads will either not start, not show up in my downloads at all or get to the very end but not complete. This happened to...