Windows 10: Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD

Discus and support Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get the names of desktop icons to be displayed in boldface? I've used GOOGLE to search this question, and several WRONG answers first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD

How do I get the names of desktop icons to be displayed in boldface? I've used GOOGLE to search this question, and several WRONG answers first displayed in this forum showed up.

:)

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jul 4, 2019

2. Times new roman bold font

Hi,

We suggest that you verify the Display settings in Control Panel. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Display.
    • Under Change only the text size, check if Bold
      is checked or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jul 4, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 4, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD

Bold desktop icon titles in windows 10 home

Thank you for your reply. Since the Display icon is missing, here is another way to get to the
    Display settings page. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Click on the Windows Logo.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left panel, select Display and click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, click on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, tick the box beside
      Bold
    • Click Apply.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD

1. Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD - Similar Threads - Wibdows display names

2. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File names in other font and bolded: Answers to this question on this board say windows explorer doesn't allow file names in other fonts / bold / colour etc. Then how is it I have a folder as shown in the attached pic?...
  3. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File names in other font and bolded: Answers to this question on this board say windows explorer doesn't allow file names in other fonts / bold / colour etc. Then how is it I have a folder as shown in the attached pic?...
  4. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bolding Folder names in Microsoft Outlook

Bolding Folder names in Microsoft Outlook: Hi I did a search on this thread to find out how to bold my folder names in Microsoft Outlook but nothing worked. Then I doubled clicked on the file name and it switched to Bold..Thought I would share, I hope helps someone....
  6. Display desktop name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display desktop name: Is it possible to display the name of the desktop one is working on in Microsoft Windows 10. You can do Win+tab but this opens the entire history line which kills focus. You can hack with always-on windows and rename the windows with the specific desktop and display it on...
  7. Bold Letters for File Names – How?

Bold Letters for File Names – How?: I use Windows 10. How can I make my file names in Documents to be bold? Thanks, Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bold-letters-for-file-names-how/72daca93-ef6e-4dca-b43c-abf1c2adc3a3"
  8. Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons

Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons: I have a list of files (in system32) that are supposed to contan icons. M$, in its infinite wisdom, chose to place these files in the "system 32" folder, in alpha order with HUNDREDS of other DLL files. I chose to exercise a little common sense, and created a separate folder...
  9. Boot up problem on wibdows 10 desktop machin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up problem on wibdows 10 desktop machin: Hello I am having a problem booting my machine. After turning it on The machine starts gut then stops at the screen displaying "Initialising USB Controllers" with no beeps from the computer.. there is no further repose from the computer. can anybody help with this error....
  10. Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold

Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold: Hi, Can't find how to change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold. Please help. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-10-desktop-icon-text-to-bold/6caffdd0-9dd7-42cd-ade6-4a8b20e11bc8