Windows 10: wibdows update has bricked my lenovo laptop, will not boot up

Discus and support wibdows update has bricked my lenovo laptop, will not boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My daughters lenovo laptop loaded Windows 10 update and it will now no longer start up. It stays in a cycle saying repairing.This is not good as she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leejordan4, May 21, 2021.

1. wibdows update has bricked my lenovo laptop, will not boot up

My daughters lenovo laptop loaded Windows 10 update and it will now no longer start up. It stays in a cycle saying repairing.This is not good as she needs the laptop for working from home during the COVID pandemic. How can I get it to boot?

:)

leejordan4, May 21, 2021

2. BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, May 21, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, May 21, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

wibdows update has bricked my lenovo laptop, will not boot up

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 21, 2021
Thema:

wibdows update has bricked my lenovo laptop, will not boot up

1. wibdows update has bricked my lenovo laptop, will not boot up - Similar Threads - wibdows update has

2. Bitlocker has bricked my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has bricked my laptop: Yesterday morning when I opened my laptop, it went to Bitlocker recovery.It cannot be bypassed - makes senseI tried all of the “reset” options, with/without files - all failI can see the laptop on my MS account, but the bitlocker key page, every way I have tried to open it...
  3. Bitlocker has bricked my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has bricked my laptop: Yesterday morning when I opened my laptop, it went to Bitlocker recovery.It cannot be bypassed - makes senseI tried all of the “reset” options, with/without files - all failI can see the laptop on my MS account, but the bitlocker key page, every way I have tried to open it...
  4. Windows update bricked my laptop.

Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  5. A windows update brick my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  6. A windows update brick my laptop

A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  7. Update bricked laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update bricked laptop: Lenovo x1 running Windows 10 Pro. There was an Office update. After restarting, my laptop went into endless automatic repair loop. Uninstall recent updates didn't work. Multiple restore points failed. Unable to repair by cloud or by USB. How can I get a working PC without...
  8. My Lenovo laptop boot up process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Lenovo laptop boot up process: When I press the power up button and the boot up process starts, it only proceeds until the screensaver comes up, at which time the next screen is the ID screen. It will not go on to the ID screen None of the keys are defective and it’s just stuck at that screen....
  9. The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop: I was just installing the latest Windows updates. They failed, so I tried to run it manually. It asked to restart, which I've done. As a result, I get the ibitial losing screen, followed by a blank screen. I can hear the fan ticking away, but nothing else. I'm on a HP...
  10. Boot up problem on wibdows 10 desktop machin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up problem on wibdows 10 desktop machin: Hello I am having a problem booting my machine. After turning it on The machine starts gut then stops at the screen displaying "Initialising USB Controllers" with no beeps from the computer.. there is no further repose from the computer. can anybody help with this error....