Windows 10: wide desktop icons

Discus and support wide desktop icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, after one week of vacation I'm back on my PC and saw this. How can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sebbe_tug, Sep 6, 2020.

1. wide desktop icons

/u/sebbe_tug, Sep 6, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 6, 2020
  3. missing system wide icons

Hi Janet,

You might have accidentally change some settings on your computer.

We suggest following these troubleshooting steps on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Check View option.

• Right-click the desktop.
    • Select View and then Show desktop icons.
    • Make sure the option is checked.

If issue persist, follow the method below.

Method 2: Check Settings.

• Click Start, search for Settings.
    • Select Tablet mode on the left pane.
    • Turn off Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Sep 6, 2020
  4. wide desktop icons

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

wide desktop icons

1. wide desktop icons - Similar Threads - wide desktop icons

2. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  3. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  4. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons are really wide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons are really wide: all the desktop icon takes up half of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-really-wide/b104ead8-d426-4365-b6fb-dd10d24658bb
  6. Desktop icons are really wide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons are really wide: all the desktop icon takes up half of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-really-wide/b104ead8-d426-4365-b6fb-dd10d24658bb
  7. Desktop icons are really wide

8. desktop icons wide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop icons wide: My desk top icons are super wide so any idea why they are super wide Thanks ! submitted by /u/THE11R0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/map286/desktop_icons_wide/
  9. Desktop Icons too widely spaced

Desktop Icons too widely spaced: For some reason, my desktop icons recently started getting spaced about twice as far apart as usual [ATTACH] I have no idea what caused this but I'd like to recover from it. I've tried changing my view settings after right clicking the desktop, but this hasn't helped....
  10. Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart

Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart: My desktop applications are too widely spaced apart. How do I revert it back to when all my apps could be placed in a grid-format along the left-hand side of the screen?...