Windows 10: Widescreen monitor not working

Discus and support Widescreen monitor not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gooba31, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Gooba31 Win User

Widescreen monitor not working

I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without issue. Suddenly the laptop won’t recognise that the monitor is plugged in and the monitor is getting no signal from the laptop. When I plug the monitor into the laptop’s HDMI port the laptop screen goes black and the external monitor still gets no signal. I know the monitor works because I plug it into my desktop PC, and I know the HDMI port on the laptop works because I can plug it into a different monitor and it works.Anyone have any sugg

:)

Gooba31, Dec 2, 2022
  2. numberr2 Win User

Widescreen monitor

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and it won't recognize my monitor as widescreen - Acer v246hql

numberr2, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Widescreen monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description your monitor is not being recognized as widescreen. The issue could be due to screen resolution or device drivers.

So, try to change the screen resolution first and see if it helps you to fi x the issue.

To change your screen resolution

• Open Screen Resolution by right clicking the Start button
      Widescreen monitor not working [​IMG]
      , clicking
      Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking
      Adjust screen resolution.

• Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click
      Apply.

• Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.

Widescreen monitor not working [​IMG]

If issue persists try to install all of Windows updates device drivers. For updating drivers you may refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Widescreen monitor not working

Display is skewed left on widescreen monitor

Hey there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius laptop and was using a square monitor with it. Now I switched it out for a widescreen monitor but the display is skewed left - I do not see the control panel window on the monitor. I tried auto adjusting and moving it
    100% left on the horizontal option, but it still won't fit. Help?

Thanks!

JulesShind12, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Widescreen monitor not working

1. Widescreen monitor not working - Similar Threads - Widescreen monitor working

2. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widescreen monitor not working: I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without issue. Suddenly the laptop won’t recognise that the monitor is plugged in and the monitor is getting no signal from the...
  3. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widescreen monitor not working: I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without issue. Suddenly the laptop won’t recognise that the monitor is plugged in and the monitor is getting no signal from the...
  4. HDMI Switch for Widescreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Switch for Widescreen: https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-GANA-Bidirectional-Supports-Passthrough-HDMI/dp/B07K2NZX8L/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=hdmi%2Bsplitter&qid=1661264586&sprefix=HDMI%2Bspli%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-4&th=1 This is the splitter. ^^^ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFN64F2 This is...
  5. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is stuck on widescreen?: Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go into widescreen, now upon exiting the game my computer has stayed in widescreen. I don't think it is the driver, but I have...
  6. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is stuck on widescreen?: Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go into widescreen, now upon exiting the game my computer has stayed in widescreen. I don't think it is the driver, but I have...
  7. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Widescreen TV and Win 10 Imagery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widescreen TV and Win 10 Imagery: I didn't want to get rid of my old 46" TV, but Presbyopia intervened.So it's a 55" screen now. The first problem encountered was that the pc insisted on using the HDMI ARC slot. I've sent that problem elsewhere. I used your chat to talk to an expert, but whatever we tried,...
  9. Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor

Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor: I am running Windows 10 and have a widescreen LG monitor. My display is currently displaying a standard frame width with two large vertical blocks of unused monitor space on either side of the screen. I have tried messing with the display settings in order to expand my...
  10. HQ Widescreen Wallpapers for new display

HQ Widescreen Wallpapers for new display: I just got a new 38" LG and am trying to find some HQ wallpapers that don't look too stretched. Where is everyone getting HQ these days? Generally I like abstract, or digital stuff. Not huge on landscapes etc. 148824