Windows 10: [Widescreen] Window moves from border

Discus and support [Widescreen] Window moves from border in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a really strange and annoying bug which only seems to happen on my 38" widescreen monitor (connected via USB-C) and not on my other 24" monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scheubi, Jul 10, 2020.

1. [Widescreen] Window moves from border

I have a really strange and annoying bug which only seems to happen on my 38" widescreen monitor (connected via USB-C) and not on my other 24" monitors (connected by DP, VGA).

Since it is a widescreen I normally drag the windows to the right border, so that it fills exactly half of the screen. If I now drag my mouse again to this border, the window shifts by approx 10 pixels to the other side, which is not much but annoying since it now overlaps with the window in the other half.

Does anybody have the same behavior and is there any fix for this? I am on Windows Enterprise 1909 (18363.904). Thank you very much for all help [Widescreen] Window moves from border :).

https://reddit.com/link/homkox/video/sdt7rauqb0a51/player

submitted by /u/scheubi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scheubi, Jul 10, 2020

2. Black border around monitor

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check these steps:

1.Video driver issue or no video driver installed:

-Verify you have the latest video driver installed on your computer. A listing of links to video drivers can be found on this video card drivers page:

Computer video card drivers

2.Widescreen display

It is normal for a widescreen LCD display to have black borders if you're running a non-widescreen resolution or the program, game, or movie you're watching does not support widescreen.

3.Microsoft Windows:

Make sure to change your resolution settings in Microsoft Windows:

How to set the display resolution in Microsoft Windows

To a resolution that supports widescreen. Examples of widescreen resolutions are 1280 x 720 and 1600 x 900.

Note: If you upgrade Windows from an older version to a newer version, the display resolution may revert to a default setting. If you see black borders after upgrading Windows, you should change your resolution settings again.

If the issue persist check the source to try other solutions:

Why are there black borders on the side of the screen?

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Jul 10, 2020
  3. widescreen nuisance

can anyone help me get my screen out of what I think is its "widescreen" mode? there is a 1 inch black border all around the screen as well. My pictures and text looks terrible all stretched out. I would appreciate any help you could give [Widescreen] Window moves from border :)

TammyMcReynolds, Jul 10, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

[Widescreen] Window moves from border

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

[Widescreen] Window moves from border

1. [Widescreen] Window moves from border - Similar Threads - Widescreen Window moves

2. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widescreen monitor not working: I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without issue. Suddenly the laptop won’t recognise that the monitor is plugged in and the monitor is getting no signal from the...
  3. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widescreen monitor not working: I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without issue. Suddenly the laptop won’t recognise that the monitor is plugged in and the monitor is getting no signal from the...
  4. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI Switch for Widescreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Switch for Widescreen: https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-GANA-Bidirectional-Supports-Passthrough-HDMI/dp/B07K2NZX8L/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=hdmi%2Bsplitter&qid=1661264586&sprefix=HDMI%2Bspli%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-4&th=1 This is the splitter. ^^^ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFN64F2 This is...
  6. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is stuck on widescreen?: Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go into widescreen, now upon exiting the game my computer has stayed in widescreen. I don't think it is the driver, but I have...
  7. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is stuck on widescreen?: Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go into widescreen, now upon exiting the game my computer has stayed in widescreen. I don't think it is the driver, but I have...
  8. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Widescreen TV and Win 10 Imagery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widescreen TV and Win 10 Imagery: I didn't want to get rid of my old 46" TV, but Presbyopia intervened.So it's a 55" screen now. The first problem encountered was that the pc insisted on using the HDMI ARC slot. I've sent that problem elsewhere. I used your chat to talk to an expert, but whatever we tried,...
  10. mouse without borders: The mouse moves from PC to PC BUT, the Desktops do not follow...

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse without borders: The mouse moves from PC to PC BUT, the Desktops do not follow...: I have installed Mouse without borders on two Windows 10 machines; a Desktop and Laptop. I can move the mouse from the Desktop to the the Laptop with no problem but, that is all I see. A pointer NO Laptop Desktop. The same is true in reverse, just a pointer. I am not sure...